Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

New to Boats

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Boats

I am new to boats too. I just got my self a kyosho GP bluestreak. Once I tuned everything in it is great. It goes pretty fast and and is easy to handle. It also offers a good amount of hop-ups. It is definatly one to consider!!!
Old 04-24-2002, 06:20 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default which nitro boat for 1 st one?

Most beginners go to an outboard tunnel boat with a 3.5 motor. Choose a good hull such as a Dumas or DPI. a lot of good boats are available on eBay but watch out for junk. Monos are fun but a little harder for the beginner. Are you going to race or play? This is an important consideration when buying a boat. The nice thing about having had cars is that you can use the same radio equipment and some parts come in handy too. Any more questions, I'll be checking in on this thread if you have more. I myself would avoid Kyoshos like the plague, but I'm a racer and only run serious boats.
Old 04-25-2002, 05:45 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default which nitro boat for 1 st one?

Thanks for the compliments! The boat in front is a Microburst with a K-45 motor (not K&B) and the one in back is a new Speedmaster 21 with a Nova Rossi that my son is going to race. What hull style do you like? We can go from there to help you out. It looks like you do have experience so building about any boat should be pretty easy for you, at least you can keep a plane in the air unlike someone I know (me). A .21-sized boat is usually a good place to start and there is always someone to race against at any race yet still go fast enough to keep your interest. Keep posting and I'll try to help you out. Boaters seem to be one of the smallest factions of R/C so we try to help each other out.