Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2002, 11:43 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

You have some good ideas on the other thread that can be transferred to a pond. A decent drivers stand and a shaded pit area come to mind first. A good launch area is important too. There are so many things that are needed, it depends on what your Parks Department will do for you.
Our Parks Dept. called me 2 years ago wanting to assist our club but have since been dragging their feet. There is a Park about a mile north of me that they got a grant for almost 1 Million Dollars to improve the park after it had gone downhill (hookers and drug dealers) and want to get family activities back there. Last year they raced R/C cars on an outdoor skating rink and that stopped after the City wouldn't put in a drivers stand. Good luck to you!
Old 08-12-2002, 10:28 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Field

Jason,

As a local PS guy I would love to have another option to fly Jet's other than at Whidbey especially if I go visit my parents down in Gig Harbor. How long are you planning on making the runway? 600+ would allow for Jet guys to use it and come over to that side of the water.

Mike in Sammamish
Old 10-07-2002, 04:32 AM

Default idea for a pond

Picture a mostly circular pond about 750 - 2000 feet in diameter
in the middle you have an island for the drivers. You have a bridge to that island that allows for boat height clearance

OR....A rectangular pond about 500 - 1000 feet long and 250 feet wide with a bridge between the narrower sides in the middle of the long sides.

OR....A semi circle pond. on the flat side in the middle you will have a very short pier for the drivers

Just some thoughts...

if you like them let me know here
Old 10-08-2002, 02:36 AM

Default Dream pond

Everyone put great ideas. But how about a mermaid or some cheerleaders!

:drowning: