Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
AC SPort 40 set up? >

AC SPort 40 set up?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

AC SPort 40 set up?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC SPort 40 set up?

I have a used AC Sport 40 Hydro Hull and am wandering if anyone has any advice about what engine/prop I should use. Also, should I put radio box in the front or back? I would appreciate any advice?
Old 11-28-2002, 02:39 AM

The A/C is a good hull. I used a Picco .45 EXR w/good success. However, getting Picco's these days are hard. There's a new motor in the US that's coming over from England called PIP (Precision-In-Perfection). They race on very low nitro and turn higher RPMs than Italian made engines. I'm actually in the process of getting one to try out my self.
I would reccomend that you put the radio box up in the nose. You'll need the weight to balance out the CG. If I remeber right about 8 years ago Boat Modeler did an article on setting one of these boats up. You might try contacting them to purchase that back dated magazine.
As for props maybe try a X1450 or X1455 two blade lifting props. If those are to big you can drop way down to a X447 three blade.
Good Luck! How much did you pay for the hull?
:boxing:
Old 11-28-2002, 10:02 PM

$180, got it on ebay last year, I'm repainting it right now. (gel coat is a pain to get off!) If I put the radio up front, where do I put the fuel? I thought the fuel had to go in front of the motor? Also if anyone who reads this has 5" engine mounts, I would be interested in buying them. Thanks for the advice.
Old 11-29-2002, 04:23 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

You're tring to remove the Gel coat? Why??? A MAC motor is one of the hottest going right now. 5" motor mounts are available from most makers including Octura and Speedmaster.
Old 11-29-2002, 04:51 AM

The hull needed some repairs, so I stripped it completely! Alot of work but it looks great!
Old 11-29-2002, 02:30 PM

Unless underneath the deck the previous owner filled it with foam, I'd put the two tanks underneath the decks along side of the motor. Gel Coat is usually something you shouldn't remove but if you say it looks good and your comfortable w/that, that's all that matters. It's your boat! Look on e-bay I see 5 inch mounts left and right. Most of them come pre-tapped for .45 motors so you need to know what brand of motor your buying unless your gonna retap them yourself. CMB, OPS, PIP all fit the same mount. I think Picco and OS fit the same mount.
Old 11-29-2002, 08:52 PM

Thanks -