Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
 Shockwave26/Supervee27 - waterpickup problems >

Shockwave26/Supervee27 - waterpickup problems

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Shockwave26/Supervee27 - waterpickup problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shockwave26/Supervee27 - waterpickup problems

i have showckwave 26 that has been gutted and refitted with all SV27 internals - Ray Fullers super mono hardware with water pickup inlet on (starboard side) rudder just like the stock SV27 - NO turn fins at all - running 2 intellect 4200 (she is now really really fast) gets on plan straight away - She doesn't hop around at all in light cop or flat water - - I only having one problem at the moment which I would like some asssitance with - The water pick in rudder is not picking up water to circulating around stock silicon blue water jacket or getting to the water cooled ESC and exiting the water outlet therefore i cant run her for very long as I'm afraid she'll over heat - if anyone can help with any solution would greatly be appreciated Down Under - I was thinking it's because the waterpick up inlet on rudder is not on the port side next to the prop - I'm lost

Old 08-11-2007, 09:11 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Shockwave26/Supervee27 - waterpickup problems

I've seen the pick-up on the BL SV rudder and I think that the bore is too small. I'd try the pick-up from the nitro version or make your own like that one.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:19 PM

Thanks - all is good - what I've noticed is at low speeds theres no real flow - but at high speed the water flows correctly - thanks Ron
Old 09-19-2007, 01:12 AM

I have the SuperVee 27 EP and noticed fairly soon (first day) that it was squirting out the water outlet only ocasionally . I tried enlarging the intake on the rudder but only received a very slight improvment . Not acceptable . So I got two water pick-ups , and two water outlets (in which their holes were twice the size of the water outlet that came on my boat) , and I separated the speed controler cooling from the motor cooling . Now I have two consistant , strong , water cooling streams and no overheating worry's . Of course if you dont run your boat all out all the time you will probably be just fine leaveing it as one cooling system with just one water pick-up and one water outlet with a larger hole . Either way you will have good strong water flows . Just make sure the water pick-up does'nt stick down below the hull more than 1/8th of a inch or it might effect the boats operation . Good luck and enjoy!!!
Old 09-19-2007, 06:02 AM
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: ShowstopperCat

i have showckwave 26 that has been gutted and refitted with all SV27 internals - Ray Fullers super mono hardware with water pickup inlet on (starboard side) rudder just like the stock SV27 - NO turn fins at all - running 2 intellect 4200 (she is now really really fast) gets on plan straight away - She doesn't hop around at all in light cop or flat water - - I only having one problem at the moment which I would like some asssitance with - The water pick in rudder is not picking up water to circulating around stock silicon blue water jacket or getting to the water cooled ESC and exiting the water outlet therefore i cant run her for very long as I'm afraid she'll over heat - if anyone can help with any solution would greatly be appreciated Down Under - I was thinking it's because the waterpick up inlet on rudder is not on the port side next to the prop - I'm lost

Jump over to the Speed Electric Forum. There is a real comprehensive thread on SV27 cooling.