Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Important !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Important !!

Any one owning the 1/12 miss bud from proboat .
ever wonder why there is so much water in the boat.
well i was trying to tune the boat at home like you would do a full size boat motor. I hooked up a peice of silicone tuding to the back water pick up by the prop to my water hose at home. I turned on the water and all the sudden water was poring from the two fittings on each side of the head. I would have never known that had i not done that. because you cant monitor the head wile the boat is running. I talked to a couple of people that own the boat and they tryed it and the same thing. so try it. I bet they all do it . I had to use some pipe dope leak lock and it works perfect . scince the repair verry little water gets in the boat . If any at all.
test yours and let me know how it went .

thanks charlie.
Old 04-30-2003, 05:27 PM

Default pipe dope leak lock question....

Hi, and thanks for the information. I just got my boat, and haven't had it in the water yet. I was just wondering what "pipe dope leak lock" is, and what part of the boat do you need to apply it to in order to fix this problem. Also, where can I get it from?

Thanks for your help.

Kris
Old 04-30-2003, 06:16 PM
My Feedback: (48)

Default Important !!

Pipe dope is a gooey substance usually found in a can with a brush applicator attached to the cap. Walmart should have some in stock (I'm guessing less than $4) in the plumbing section or you might could get away with the tread tape ?

The part of the engine Charles is re'ing to is this:
Look at the engine.

The portion that surrounds the glow plug area is the head. (this is water cooled for most marine applications)

You should see two brass nipples coming out of it with hoses attached. One hose running from the rudder & the other should be a dump out the boat or run through the exhaust for cooling of it also.

Those brass nipples are your target. They are threaded & have a hex fitting.

Hope this helps. I personally do not own a Ms Bud, but its easy to find your way around.
Old 04-30-2003, 06:45 PM

Default Important !!

Thanks a lot dude! I’m new to RC boating and this is why I picked the Miss Bud...I'm not a person that is good at tinkering so I wanted a boat that was ready to run out of the box...it appears there is a little more to it. Wish me luck!

Again, THANX for the info!

Cheers,
Kris
Old 05-01-2003, 04:53 AM
My Feedback: (48)

Default Important !!

Piece of cake.

Tinkering is part of the fun if you'll let it.

"IF" any other situations come about, drop a line here, we seem to be a good community.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:02 PM

Default Important !!

sorry guys my computer was down a wile let me know how it worked. fun boating!
Old 09-03-2003, 02:32 PM

Default Important !!

Mine spits out oil around those same leaks, guess the oil comes out with th water, I am in the process of trying your solution. THANKS