Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
 Do we need a boat bodyrepair&paint forum? >

Do we need a boat bodyrepair&paint forum?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.
View Poll Results: A poll
Do you think we need this forum
76.74%
dont need this forum.
23.26%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Do we need a boat bodyrepair&paint forum?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do we need a boat bodyrepair&paint forum?

Ok guy I think we're over do for one on boats very badly!!!![:@] The cars&trucks guys have them even the planes have them too.[8D] So why not US!!![X(] I got more questions ask about this subject then you can think.[X(] I dont mind at all to help,love it!!! I'm even going to post the first thread called boat repair&paint 101!! We can cover fiberglass repair to plastic to wood repairs.also can cover painting to form mild to wild paint jobs!!!
Old 07-12-2008, 03:40 PM

Default RE: Do we need a boat bodyrepair&paint forum?

I think its a great idea.One thing I would like to add is either how to's or good links to making decals to give our boats more of a scale appearance. I think that would tie in with the paint thread well.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea,this one we need,especially stripping 'em, and takin out the wavy gravy..... [8D]
Old 07-12-2008, 07:40 PM

you guys need one.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:24 PM

yes
Old 07-12-2008, 11:35 PM

I think "I" do[X(]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66962.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	989460  
Old 07-13-2008, 11:47 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't know about a forum but one way to get things rolling is to start a complete thread then get it put in a FAQ.
Do it without the Smilies and try to spell words correctly.
Seriously, a professional appearing thread will gain points with those in the higher positions around here.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:44 PM

Ok Ron what makes the other car&truck&planes forums so speicial that they have there own painting&repair forums and we dont?[&:] What the higher ups dont thinks ower boats dont need any tips on repairs&painting on ower boats?[&:] This tells me the higher ups dont get a rats puttudy about us boat people.[X(]
Old 07-15-2008, 10:13 PM

Yes,
Most definitely! After reading through these forums, just the opinons on what paints to use seems to be endless.
In reply to Miss Hydro, it does seem that we boaters are the Red Headed Step Children of the modeling group. It even seems that way at the LHS.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:22 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

My thoughts mirror Rons to some extent. Realistically I cannot say I have seen more than a handful of threads that show start to finish repairs, refinishing, or painting in general. To consider a dedicated forum for what I have seen over recent years on this site would be a VERY slow forum indeed.

I certainly welcome the idea of new forums but also feel it should be an active forum.

I see a greater need for a forum dedicated to clubs or racing news, results, events etc.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:32 PM

OK, nobody has requested such a forum before so that's one reason why there isn't one for boats. The plane and car/truck people seem to crash their stuff a lot more also.
RCBM has kind of done it to death as far as repair articles go.
I'm with Matt also as I'd like to see a forum where members are looking for others to run or race with in their area as those kinds of threads are spread out all over the forums.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:45 PM

Ok Ron maybe there should be two forums,the ones for where races are at and running buddys. Plus a repaire&paint forum. Like x33racer has said we/the boaters are the red headed step childern. Oh we dont crash boats???[X(] Boy wake up there![:'(] Plus ower stuff are more costly then the cars&trucks. If I did what you told me to do it will end up getting buried/lost if someone wanted to find out how to do repair&paint work.[>:]
Old 07-16-2008, 10:12 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

[sm=50_50.gif]

Post #7 by Ron keeps coming to mind over and over again. [sm=47_47.gif]
Old 07-17-2008, 09:17 AM

Well Keep in mind what x33racer said in post#9......[>:] Look how long before we got an off topic forum??????? who got theres first??? The cars&trucks guys!!!!![X(] We are last to get anything around here... We're the redheaded step childs around there and thats sad. So Guys I have a felling we wont get this forum??[] If you guys need any advices on boat hull repairs and painting questions?? Just PM me please I'll be gladly to help you out!!! Maybe by doing this I'll show the higher ups by how many PMs I've gotton about this subject! I've gotton some before and Now I'm going to save them to show that we do need this forum.[>:]
Old 07-17-2008, 09:42 AM

We were originally combined with the 4-wheelers when they first started the OT forum and seeing how it was supposed to be for the boaters also, I volunteered to mod up there also. After a lot of boat members had bad cases of cabin fever, we finally got our own.
If any boaters bothered to go up there, you could see why they didn't want to use that one as we seem to be an older crowd and that forum was full of kids talking about video games and school.
If you want to get something going in the OT forum, then do it as it isn't being used that much at the present time. Later on if a repair forum does happen, it's only a few mouse clicks to move it.
We've also discussed having a manufacturers support forum in the past for a Q&A to them. We wanted to start it off with Aquacraft then add others as they became available. Time constraints was why Aquacraft didn't want to do it then with R&D work on new boats, shows and races kept them busy.
Keep in mind that I'm not against any new forums but just letting you know what we're up against when trying to create new ones. I've always jokingly referred to us boaters as the people down in the basement. This site like many others seems ot go on a ranking scale of popularity with planes usually on top then cars/trucks and later boaters.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:56 AM

x33racer is kind of right when he says that the paint to use is endless.

The same goes for methods and materials to fix the hull.
yes we do crash our boats but we can't compare them to the Cars, buggies, planes etc.

there is not too many ways to paint a lexan body and there is only one thing to do with a smash up lexan body, buy a new one.
pretty much the same with the planes.

Anna,

Start a nice thread on the subject,
keep an eye on it and when some unrelated post shows up or some posts need to be weeded out, ask a mod to remove the specific posts.

keep everything simple with detailed pictures and instructions.
double check everything before posting, don't use smileys and I am confident that if it becomes successful it may very well become not only a FAQ but its on Forum.

Dan.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:16 AM

I know what you mean Dan,But I still do feel we need a forum for that.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:10 PM

Please keep on voting please!! As I'm seeing alot of boats questions and answering them Love to help other boaters out. I still feel we do need a forum.[X(]
Old 07-28-2008, 07:14 AM

For now in stead of a new form can a thread be started and stay at the top of the thread list, like the MANUFACTURER AND DEALER REMINDER, then lock it where no one can ask questions in it ,it would be a how to topic and only certain people could update it if a topic wesent covered. The people that maintain this cite could calaberate with those they feel have the best nolage on this topic, you wont have to go into great detail with this, who wants to read page after page to get the info there after, not me.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:33 PM

Hello guys:
I think its a great idea... ¿When...?