Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
 Gas Boat Essentials >

Gas Boat Essentials

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Gas Boat Essentials

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Boat Essentials

I have searched a lot of pages for a list on essentials to have for gas boats. I have been in FE boats for about 2 years and Nitro Cars for about 3 years, kind of understand what I need for a field box on those. But on Gas , do I need to have a Gas Pump to remove the gas out of the tank and engine, are the shaft lubes the same as electric, do most people still run AA batteries for the electonics or have swithced to nickle?? If so what?? What elese do I really need besides, gas, oil , and a tank. Thanks for any info to get me started.

Lou
Old 07-15-2008, 11:16 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Gas Boat Essentials

I prefer Ni-Cad or Ni-MH 5-cell packs for all of my boats, nitro or gas. A 4-cell AA pack has a problem at times with batteries vibrating out.
As you work on the boat you'll find out what tools that you'll need. Save those in a separate toolbox or with the tools that you already have.
We use the same cable lubes so you should be OK there.
Depending on what boat you get and how you fuel it makes a difference if you need a fuel pump or not. I'm using the Hangar 9 hand-crank pump but I think that Slimline makes a nice pump/gas can setup although a little pricier.
I'm in the middle of going from nitro to gas right now myself as I'm currently working on my second one.
As far as removing fuel you really don't have to unless you're not going to run it for a while. If you use an IV bag setup for a tank then you need to keep a little gas in it to keep it from drying out and cracking.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gas Boat Essentials

I appreciate the info.