Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

dirt in carb

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dirt in carb

i bought a new motor have put about a gallon of fuel thru it and it ran great but yesterday the motor died which it never does
i took the body off to check it out my air filter was gone and there
was a gob of dirt leaves small rocks in the carb. now it still runs great but after it totally warms up it dies should i riht it off and get a new piston and sleave or is there another solution to my problem? thanks any help would b greatly appreciated.
Old 08-04-2003, 06:11 PM

Default dirt in carb

dirt in engine = very bad stuf. but rocks ouch!

The only thing that you can do is take the enting engin apart and flush it with fuel then use the after run oil. when you take the engine apart look two things. 1. does the piston go past the piston ring. 2. check for scratches even tiny scratchs cause loss of compression. which sounds like what is happening

put this egine back to gether and try to start the engin with out the glow plug. see if it is tight. if it is really easy to turn you may need to rebuild the engine.

Hope this helps..
Old 08-04-2003, 07:47 PM

Default dirt in carb

Originally posted by NitroFreak
dirt in engine = very bad stuf. but rocks ouch!

The only thing that you can do is take the enting engin apart and flush it with fuel then use the after run oil. when you take the engine apart look two things. 1. does the piston go past the piston ring. 2. check for scratches even tiny scratchs cause loss of compression. which sounds like what is happening

put this egine back to gether and try to start the engin with out the glow plug. see if it is tight. if it is really easy to turn you may need to rebuild the engine.

Hope this helps..
As NitroFreak stated, take the engine apart and clean. It could be that there are dirt in there and continue using the engine will definitely hurt it. It could also be that the carb inlets need cleaning.

NitroFrea - BTW, you suggested two things and just FYI:

1. You mentioned "piston ring." There is no piston rings in this engine. There is a check to see if the piston will go past the TDC on the sleeve though.

2. "Start the engine without the glow plug." You can't start without the glow plug. To test compression without a compression gauge, you need to glow plug to check if compression is there or not.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:04 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Default dirt in carb

dirt burns rocks dont lol.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:20 PM

Default dirt in carb

lol.. take out the glow plug and start the engine? Have you been drinking again? haha.

At this point I'd kick myself and pull apart the whole engine and like they suggested, I'd inspect the engine.

Also. I would take apart the WHOLE ENGINE and clean it out thoroughly.
You never know, there might be a small stone inside the crank which wont come out unless you clean the whole thing out. Your engine may not be dead but this lil stone will see to its destruction if left in there!

Good luck! and do a good job cleaning!

Ram