Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Protrax?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 02:31 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Protrax?

Someone I work with said he had an rc car he would give me. I go by his house, take one look, and see that its a stampede. Anyways, it looks exactly like a stampede in every way, except the body. Its painted like a normal stampede body, but in place of the Traxxas logo is a 'protrax' logo. He then tells me that it was bought at a walmart about 5 years ago. Did Traxxas ever sell to walmart? The chassis is identical in to an older electric stampede in every way. It also has bearings, which is odd... I don't recall the older stampedes ever coming with bearings.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Protrax?

can you get pictures? and he was probably confused as stampede's were never sold at wally world as far as i know
Old 01-28-2011, 07:16 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ProTrax is a company that Traxxas used to assemble their cars when they first got into the ready to run market. Back about 10 years ago if you wanted a traxxas car or truck you had to build it from a kit like a proper RC should be. Eventually Traxxas started building the cars and trucks in their own factories overseas and protrax was no longer needed. There was a pretty good article about this in Car Action back in about 2000 when they tested both trucks.

Protrax assembled the Rustler and Pede. I don't know about selling at Walmart and the trucks where assembled back in 2000/2001 it's older than 5 years.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:21 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nah, the stampede was released in like 94' and was actually called a stampede. I had one back then.