Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Exhaust upgrade, other options

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust upgrade, other options

I recently swapped out my steering servo on my ultra lx one. I'm new to the hobby and I read everywhere that it should be changed (I broke mine by running it in the snow). I got a hitec 5665 digital and the difference is ridiculous on how much better the car handles.

I was thinking about making some more upgrades due to the huge change in performance. I was thinking exhaust next, would I see a big difference in performance by changing that? Or would i be better off changing shocks, gears, clutch or something else first?
Old 02-01-2011, 07:25 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Exhaust upgrade, other options

The pipe will have a huge effect on your powerband. It may also flat out give you some power if the OEM part is more of a muffler than an actual tuned pipe, which was the case with my CEN. Which pipe you choose boils down to many factors, but the three main ones I consider are: Engine displacement, where in the rev band I think the engine needs help, and what kind of duty the car is doing. A car with a very high revving but weak engine being asked to run in dirt is going to need a different pipe than a monster truck with a big block, for example.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:33 AM

Location: m\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'boro, TN
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Exhaust upgrade, other options

Well said 378, If you do change the pipe I would look at the Dynamite pipes they offer very good preformance.
I have a Dynamite 086HS on a stock Associated pro 28 and it is almost to much ...
THS makes a nice pipe, also make sure you have a good air cleaner on the engine as well