Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Opinions please?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions please?

I received aLosi Street Weapon I purchased on ebay, it arrived packaged in a box that fit the length of the car perfect - front to back - no room for packing material. The body is cracked in two places of the front right wheel area, the car itself other than a bad center belt is fine. The pics from the auction show no damage. I contacted the seller about my concerns and he wanted me to open an ebay case so I did. After a few emails he wants me to send the car back for a full refund including the return shipping. He never asked what I wanted him to do about the situation. I really want to keep it but wanted some compensation for the damaged body. Am I being petty about the damage? Should I just forget it and keep it or send it back? Here's the listing:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll<br type="_moz" />
Old 02-07-2011, 11:42 PM
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Opinions please?

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you want the car keep it bodies get cracked easily and are easy to repair. If you want a new body they aren't very expensive.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:08 AM
My Feedback: (12)

He's probably offering you the refund to avoid a bad mark against his seller rating.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:24 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I say keep the car, leave a note about the shipping in the feedback, and be done with it. No need to raise any hell over a cracked shell and a worn belt, both of which being more or less disposables anyway.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:29 AM

seems silly to fuss over some small cracks in a body when buying a used RC

it's used, if you want perfect you should buy new things, used RC's will never be as nice as new ones or as perfect, and that's why they're cheap

what if he'd just painted the body poorly, or trimmed it badly? what would you do then?
seems silly to spend freight costs two ways when a new body would be $20-25
Old 02-08-2011, 07:46 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ditto. If you can present him with a reasonable solution to the problem and let him know that you will still respond with positive feedback and high seller ratings then he may be willing to accept. Many sellers are cautions about maintaining their ebay reputation for obvious reasons but also because they can be charged higher listing fees if their ratings are low.

Mention that rather than spending time and money on returning the car and risk damaging it further perhaps a partial refund may help compensate for the damage. Otherwise the seller shouldfile a claim against the shipper to compensate him for damages. In that case, you must keep all the packaging for evidence when the courier requests it.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:53 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep it... that car is now considered vintage and will only increase in value. Wish I could find me one...
Old 02-08-2011, 07:55 AM

Thanks, I think I will keep it. I guess it just upset me that the body WAS in great condition and then was damaged because he didn't package it even remotely well.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:02 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is also well within paypal's policy to request partial refunds for damaged goods.