Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 04:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!

Ok, so I'm a n00b. Utter n00b. My Nitro Evader has been gathering dust for a while and I recently got the urge to try to get it to work again.
Got new gas, new Glow Plug, new Glow igniter, replaced old fuel lines, replaced some broken gears, and started it up. Everything seems to work just fine except for one tiny problem... IT WONT MOVE!!!
I have dissasembled the gear box and checked to make sure nothing seemed out of the ordinary in there, I have re-checked every gear I have, I have looked at the diff, it doesn't seem out of repair... I'm lost on what to do. Any suggestions?
Would a quick video showing the problem maybe help?
Old 02-10-2011, 04:17 AM

Default RE: HELP!!

Im not an expert on the evader tbh but sounds like a clutch problem?
Is it just revving and not moving most nitros have some sort of clutch shoes which engage to move check that part out and see if it helps
Old 02-10-2011, 04:22 AM

back to the blow-up diagrams I guess. XD<div>I'll check it out and get back to you. </div>
Old 02-10-2011, 04:30 AM

+1 on the clutch. If it revvs up but doesnt move, i would inspect that first, as long as all the gears are in working order. If it doesnt revv up, i would check the throttle linkage and make sure the throttle servo functions properly as well
Old 02-10-2011, 05:02 AM

ok, so a friend came over while I was looking at it, and he asked to check it out... needless to say, not even a minute goes by before he laughs to himself and says one of the balls in the differential is probably not seated right, or the bolt holding the differential together isn't tight enough. Now I feel a little bit ashamed.