Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

VXL 3s ESC Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VXL 3s ESC Problems

My EZ Set button on my ESC has gotten where it sticks when I turn my ESC on and any other time I try to use it. Also, the wires to the receiver have gotten a short in them at the base of the ESC, so I can't fix it without taking apart the ESC. If I send it in (no, its under no special warranty), do I have to pay the $55 to get it looked at and fixed? I have no problems with paying for shipping, but for$55 I could almost buy a new ESC with that! I wouldn't mind paying for shipping like I said, but I'm not gonna send it in and if I must pay $55 for one main reason: these problems are a manufacturer's defect, not mine. The wires got a short during normal usage (easy driving around the yard) and the button, well that's just plain Traxxas's fault (I did not at all abuse the button, just pressed it like always). Now I love Traxxas (why I own their brand), but do I really have to pay $55 to get me ESC fixed? Thanks for the help guys, just wondering.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:13 PM

Default RE: VXL 3s ESC Problems

if i remember correctly they have a 1 year warranty, after that if you want traxxas to fix them then yes it is a cost of 50$ + 5$ return shipping to fix the ESC.<div>
</div><div>i think they got a bad batch out because a saw a kid in the hobby shop with the same exact problem not too long ago</div><div>
</div>
Old 07-01-2011, 11:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm so upset with Traxxas that they changed the price for sending the ESC in for repair. It used to be $15 flat fee plus $5 shipping, and another $25 if you had changed the plug. Seems funny how after seeing so many people with problems with their ESC's lately that they upped the price so much. [:@]

Personally if it were me I'd take it apart and try to fix it myself, and if I can't, buy a different ESC.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:04 PM

i called Traxxas and got the issue resolved by re-calibrating the ESC to the transmitter. i think when the button got stuck it changed a bunch of settings and stuff but i think everything is fixed now. thanks for the help guys.