Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Xmas Possibilities

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 10:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Xmas Possibilities

ORIGINAL: thehuntingterminator

sweet. then i can use the 5300mah 2s pack for it and my Rusty if i decide to get one. although i can't seem to get over the SC10 for some reason...
SCs are great, but only if you want an SC. They are one of the most scale looking cars around if that's what you want. It's a lot of compromise for a basher though. Smaller wheels and tires means less good bump handling and lower ground clearance, also very little air control in the air, which is a problem compounded by point 2, which is; They don't jump. You really just gotta launch off the ramp and pray. Sometimes it'll 'fly right', sometimes it won't. The body acts as a parachute, and while you can mitigate this somewhat by cutting large amounts of material off it, that weakens the body structure considerably.

Don't get me wrong, I love SCs, but they are a lot of compromises just for that scale look.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Foxy

sweet. then i can use the 5300mah 2s pack for it and my Rusty if i decide to get one. although i can't seem to get over the SC10 for some reason...
SCs are great, but only if you want an SC. They are one of the most scale looking cars around if that's what you want. It's a lot of compromise for a basher though. Smaller wheels and tires means less good bump handling and lower ground clearance, also very little air control in the air, which is a problem compounded by point 2, which is; They don't jump. You really just gotta launch off the ramp and pray. Sometimes it'll 'fly right', sometimes it won't. The body acts as a parachute, and while you can mitigate this somewhat by cutting large amounts of material off it, that weakens the body structure considerably.

Don't get me wrong, I love SCs, but they are a lot of compromises just for that scale look.
well, yeah i love the scaleness of them. that's probably my favorite part about them. and i'm not too worried about it not being a great basher, cuz i usually just bash in like an inch of grass or onroad, so it should be fine.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can see myself getting a cheap SC just for smashing around outside the house. In europe we have our Exceed/Redcat equivalent called Ansmann racing. I'm not sure who their OEM is, but all their stuff is largely based on hobao (Ofna) stuff. The brand is well supported by my LHS so I will probably get a cheapass SC and put a mad brushless setup in it while I wait for the Flux XS to come out.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Foxy

I agree 100%...they are actually quite capable machines , but they are very handicapped by their bodies....I also do not like how little air control they have even with the body off..... We were running a Big Block Hyper 10SC , it did everything fantastic but was horrid in the air..... Which was really a shame as the machine has the power and speed to make some serious big air....Still a very fun truck to run....
Old 07-11-2011, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the help guys!
Old 07-13-2011, 10:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here is my short course in action........ This machine is pretty impressive !

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snOV4C9f9XE&feature=youtube_gdata[/youtube]