Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

EZRUN brushless

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 08:59 PM
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default EZRUN brushless

I am looking to get a couple different brushless systems for a couple projects I am about to begin working on. they are 1/10 and 1/8 scale onroad cars the first one is an HPI sprint 2 drift which I am wanting to put a brushless system into. I had the stock slow brushed motor ESC that I gave away since I knew I wanted to convert it to brushless when I first got it.the 1/8 scale car is a Kyosho Inferno GT that I am going to convert to brushless for pure speed runs.

I plan to work on the HPI first and this is the system I am wanting to get for it i think. Is this i good price for it? can I get it cheaper somewhere else? anybody on here have personal experience with it? it looks like this is the highest Kv rating ezrun has. I would like to be faster but I didn't see an EZrun combo that was any faster for 1/10. I can just gear it up and it should be fine. That and run 3S I guess if I blow it up I will only be out $80.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/ez-60a-rc-...ar-system.html

I am planning on doing the 1/10 scale car first before continuing with the 1/8 scale conversion since most 1/8 scale brushless system I have been looking at will cost me over $300 for just the ESC and Motor. I am wanting to see if EZRUN is any good and if I should just go with them for the 1/8 scale car too instead of something name brand and more expensive like castle or tekin.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EZRUN brushless

I read that anything 5600kv and higher is great for drifting.. and i have a ezrun 7800kv, in my mini t...it's been in there for two yrs..no probs at all with 3s. just gear it right and check temps. and u can't beet the price... good luck
Old 07-11-2011, 05:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the 540 6000kv ezruns can't take 3s, only 2s, the 540 4000kv ezruns can.

The 7800kv one that other guy had are for 1/18 scale, and won't work in you 1/10 car<br type="_moz" />
Old 07-11-2011, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you realized that the ezrun on hobbypartz is out of stock and has been for about a year now and who knows when they will get more not even them. I have one of the ezrun 6000kv motors in my TC4 and it seem like its a ok motor for what i paid. but since they have gotten a bunch of new tacom motors you might want to look at. As for the esc there is only one way to go if you looking to save a little money. You can get a castle sv2 on ebay for 45.00 shipped i have been running it with the ezrun 6000k motor on 3 cell lipo and and the esc is running 135f to 140f all day and i got it geared up high

The one big difference from the ezrun and castle is ezrun has no warranty and castle has a one year warranty.
Plus castle has a upgrade case coming out soon that includes a fan and make it look little like the mamba max pro

esc is the sct version but the only difference from the sv2 is the stickers for some reason the sv2 is 10.00 more from the same seller
http://cgi.ebay.com/Castle-Creations...item1e6279aa64

MY tc4, i like to include a pic so it dont seen like im just taking like some others on this site