Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Savage Drive-train issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage Drive-train issue

Can someone help me diagnose the following issue?

After running my savage in semi muddy conditions, the drivetrain gets hung up with about every one rotation of the wheels. I don't know if the muddy conditions are related, but... thought I would throw that out there. It's definetely not the brake, and it appears to be a problem coming from the back wheels, and not the front.

I don't usually run the thing through puddles, but this was sort of unintentional, although playing near puddles certainly falls under "operator error"

I didn't notice while I was playing with it, what actually ended the bash session was the fact that the steering was locking up, but when I got home to inspect it that appeared to fix itself - looks like some mud binded up the steering mechanism (that issue probably can be resolved with a good cleaning). Although in the field the front passenger side tire was pretty locked up, wouldn't turn at all - in fact, I was giving it full throttle and the car was just sitting there. So,when I flipped her over to check everything I noticed the wheels binding up once with about every one rotation. It's not severe, but enough to feel a small "pulse" of resistance about once rotation. I verified it wasn't the brake (although I have just about enough of the stock braking linkage - they don't really disengage fully after braking.)

Thanks for the help.

<br type="_moz" />