Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

hpi nitro rush? tell me more!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 12:22 PM
My Feedback: (23)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default hpi nitro rush? tell me more!

My lhs has a great deal on these cause they overstocked.i like the looks and i was wondering what it's like.Please tell me all the ups and downs if you owned one.Is 250 a good price?
Old 09-14-2003, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hpi nitro rush? tell me more!

I have a Rush and I thought that it was a great car. I upgraded it to go faster and compete with the competition. I though it great. Until I got a losi xxx-nt and realized what a piece of crap the Rush was. I would always breakparts on it, the clutch wears out fast, the shocks are crap, and the suspension is poorly designed and very stiff which doesnt give you much control. I have yet to have a problem with my losi xxx-nt. Not one broken part or problem with it in three months. Save up your money and get a xxx-nt or a rc10gt. They already come with most of the hop ups that you would have to buy extra to put on the Rush. And are far more durable and better performing. If you buy the Rush because it is cheaper you are making a big mistake.
Old 09-14-2003, 07:15 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Same with me had a rush thought it was a great truck. Than I got a xxx-nt and noticed what a piece of crap the rush was. Trust me a nitro rush is a head ache and is almost enough to get you to quit this hobby. GET A LOSI
Old 09-14-2003, 08:18 PM
Banned

ive got a rush but had no other car to compare it to.
i am always breaking and wearing out parts and bending back the chassis, but i do thrash it. works fine but the stock tires are dodgee, so if you want handling upgrade them. really its a beginners car which is why i got it, but you out grow it.
if you want to see one in action go to beatyourtruck.com ,to the beatings section and watch my video by Matthew, all the footage is of me thrashing a nitro rush.
non ajustable major rear toe in is a *****
Old 09-14-2003, 08:22 PM

my friend has a rush and its major CRAP! it can't stand to run with my gt and a rustler. the fuel tank w/ primer had a leak the first week he got it and his electronics are screwed up that came with it so it spazzes out every time he full throttles. i would not recomend it at all!
Old 09-15-2003, 01:45 AM
Banned

my car has had the exact same 2 problems aswell, even with a seperately bought reciever. my primer went straight away so i had to cut the top of it and glue it up.
Old 09-15-2003, 04:18 PM

well my lhs has a xxx-nt sport for the same price.is it as good as the xxx-nt?
Old 09-15-2003, 06:34 PM
My Feedback: (1)

The los is a was better truck than the rush.
Old 09-15-2003, 09:27 PM

if the xx nt is like a gt then it is def better than a rush, i have driven both and the rush is horrible imo
Old 09-16-2003, 04:44 PM

don't let a few bad impressions over this car convince you that it is certainly bad. I own a
rush and let me tell you, none of that crap that has been said about it is completely true.
If you take good care of this car, it will last very long. Another thing that is not so true is that you cannot beat a rc10gt or a losi with this car. You actually can if you know how to drive it (I MANAGED TO BEAT A LOSI ONCE) As the saying says: It is the indian, not the arrow.

The rush is a very reliable truck. If you are interested, I'm selling mine. It has several upgrades that make it more reliable and tunable.Since I have taken good care of it (I HAVE NEVER BROKEN ONE OF ITS PARTS OR HAPPENED TO HAVE ONE BROKEN), it is in an almost perfect condition. Here are the list of upgrades:

My Rush (7 months old):
75 ml primeless fuel tank (does not leaks)
adjustable front and rear camber rods
new rear wheels and tires (dirt hawgs)
40 w oil in shocks

I'm selling it for 190 bucks, this includes the car, Futaba radio with receiver and two s3003 servos, fuel bottle, replacement screws. If you are interested plese contact me by email

The wise guy
Old 09-16-2003, 08:05 PM

Well, I don't go bash the hell out of my cars.it takes a while to save up and buy one for a student.i don't see how you guys just go and trash them.i am a beginner and i am going to buy a new nitro rush.Thanks for the offer though, wise guy.I knew couldn't be that bad after watching a bashing vid.BTW, i just mess around on the streets on the weekends scaring off little kids.That's my fun.
Old 09-16-2003, 08:24 PM
Banned

if thewiseguy has had no problems why did he have to buy a new primeless feul tank.no car is faultless and your just talking the car up so you can sell it.

i bought my rush in february this year, and yes it took me just as long to save up and buy it because im also a student. i use my car very regularly and go pretty hard because thats what makes them exiting. the cars are capable of doing jumps and things but your going to stuff up. you shouldnt buy a car to potter aroung on half throttle.

you cant tell me that primer problems and glitchy throttle are thrash related
and although i think its a pretty good car im sure like the other when i buy another car i will see the rush's floors. when i have more time ill make a broken parts list for you
Old 09-16-2003, 09:44 PM

I never said the rush was a flawless car, but the things that count on it are the good things, not the bad ones. It is true that the stock fuel tank may fail sometime down the road; that's the reason why I changed it to a primeless tank, duh. I have had pretty nasty crashes with this car, and no part of it has come broken. I do not know what those other guys out there do to this car, but obviously, the rush not a battletank. Do not pretend that something will not break when you jump off ledges or crash at 40mph directly into a tree. The car is not made out of titanium, but still it is made of pretty tough plastic and aluminum that can resist use and abuse.
Old 09-17-2003, 03:56 AM
Banned

ive been utterly thrashing my rush so i have learned a lot of its limits

i agree the wishbones etc are very strong,
possibly the cars best selling point
even after taking countless big hits and rolls the plastic/nylon parts have not broken, all that has happened is the holes have gradually widened so parts loosen quicker and there is more wobble between parts.also the upper wishbones have gradually warped (iff they had been metal like on other cars this wouldnt happed)

the chassis
no explaining here the 2mm chassis is weak
also it is floored like most stadium trucks in that where the chassis needs to be strongest it is weakest, ie the rear where it is just flat, and narrows

the engine/pipe/tank etc
the stock silicone exhaust L bend was very flimsy and split pretty quickly, when i replaced it with the supposed same part the new part was much thicker and since ive had no problems with it
any problems with the stock engine ill put down to myself not the car so i wont comment on it
u know the fuel tanks problems

Drivetrain
slipper clutch design works but is nothing special
i cant get the washer replacements where i live so i have to find my own washers
ive worn 3 sets of inner diff gears, stripped the centre gear in the gearbox.
the stock cups were destoyed and now so are the hardened ones i bought but they were much better. ive snapped a dogbone and now destroyed 2 sets, same with cups at hubs (forgotten tch name).
although ive run the car pretty hard the the drive train parts could be a bit thicker, the stock rush engine aint that powerful yet it still destroyed parts easily, you know what happened when i changed engine

shocks work fine
tend to leak after a while
i manage to snap a shock shaft

standard tires are really dodgee compared to the pair of gladiators ive tried on the front and rear. they dont come with foam inserts but i spose the cost factor accounts.

my conclusion
the rush is a fine car for the beginner to learn and have fun,
but after this stage you need to get another car or do some major hopping up of the tires, drivetrain, engine, tank, even shocks which is why i think the others say they used to like the rush but now think its not so good now that theyve driven a losi xxx etc.
i wouldnt buy the car as a non beginer knowing i had to hop it up lots first, id go with something else, not dissin hpi, maybe id go the mt or savage (i dont know them i just know my rush)