Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Would like an offroad nitro RC dunebuggy, truck, or rallycar >

Would like an offroad nitro RC dunebuggy, truck, or rallycar

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Would like an offroad nitro RC dunebuggy, truck, or rallycar

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 06:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would like an offroad nitro RC dunebuggy, truck, or rallycar

Lets see, so last summer, I got a lot of RC stuff from a guy who was selling it. I am getting into them now, and I took everything apart, and saw that all of the engines were screwed, one of them were seized. I was looking into engines, and saw that they were pretty expensive if you wanted a good one, and I don't want to buy an engine and screw it up. So I was thinking of, for my first car, just getting a kit or a ready to run. Does anyone have any subjection's? My budget is limited to $300 dollars. Also, it would be cool if it was four wheel drive Does anyone think I should instead start out with an electric RC car instead, then convert it to a nitro or something? I don't know.

And does anyone have any ideas that I could do to make money. I am 14, and live in the middle of nowhere, so my parents won't drive me to a job or anything like that. I need the money, so I can buy a RC car. I have $80 dollars now...
Old 01-05-2014, 08:12 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Shovel snow (LOL), sell stuff you don't need on eBay, wait for your birthday, etc.

Start out with electric, and stay electric until you can afford a good nitro model.

This site charges 60 dollars for shipping and it is from Japan, but it is still cheaper then in the United States; http://banzaihobby.com/radio-control...version-df03ra

Battery.
Servo.
Charger.
Radio.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:58 PM

yeah, stick to electric until you have a reliable source of money. nitro usually starts at $20 a gallon and if you are buying online, last i checked they only sell quarts and cases of 4 gallons and you will go through a gallon a month.
that said, you might be able to convert one of the rc's you have to electric. what do you have?
Old 01-09-2014, 05:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Keep saving. When you've got about $200, let us know.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:39 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I suggest staying/going electric as well. Not being anywhere near a hobby store, nor anyone else who could help you with tuning and maintaining until you get the hang of it yourself, nitro would be a tough row to hoe for a noob. (no offense, we were all noobs once) Electric is so much better than it used to be, and competitive with nitro in terms of speed and power. And trust me, much more neighbor-friendly. Easier and cleaner to maintain. Nothing to burn yourself on.