Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Good first time around electric RC around $250 >

Good first time around electric RC around $250

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Good first time around electric RC around $250

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you! Hate to throw a curveball, but when looking at some stuff on the T4.2 there was a general consensus that it was more for just the track. Everyone recommended the SC10 though for backyard bashing and driving. Is the SC10 better suited for me?
Old 01-05-2016, 01:59 PM

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Either one is fine. The SC10 is a T4 that is elongated with big front and rear bumpers under the body. If you like the looks of short course trucks...go with it. Everybody's definition of "bashing" is different. I don't race anymore. So if I take a step out into my backyard and run my RCs around...Am I a basher? I purposely don't build a ramp to send RC cars into the outer regions of the Earth's atmosphere, and see if the vehicle can handle the landing. Anyway. Being that a short course truck is "more protected" with more plastic, that might be the route you should take to ease your thoughts.

Last edited by RustyUs; 01-05-2016 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:00 PM

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

After awhile, and after being around RC cars, one can see different manufacturers plastics being softer or stiffer than others. I'd put Associated plastic in the middle of the RC stiffness scale. Take, for example a FT (Factory Team) buggy/truck, after you build up the kit, you have the option to buy/upgrade some parts that are "hard" and even parts with carbon fibers in to make a part more rigid. This allows for more precise tuning of the suspension and the handling is more consistent when racing on a high grip track. The downside to the stiffer parts...the greater potential to break something in a crash, or bad landing.

Last edited by RustyUs; 01-05-2016 at 03:06 PM.