Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
my little rc car that i want to bring to life , acting weird >

my little rc car that i want to bring to life , acting weird

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

my little rc car that i want to bring to life , acting weird

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2020, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my little rc car that i want to bring to life , acting weird

Hello guys

my apologies for posting questions and asking for help as a first post , it is just that i am not an rc car guy and just have this issue that i believe you may know how to solve .
i have got an rc car from my childhood which i want to bring to life again . i remember that it used to stop working when i hit a wall or something hard and i decided to fix it , with no real knowledge in electricity nor rc cars .
first thing was checking the whole flow of electricity , i found that the on-off click was not working so i have just removed it and connect the wires so the car is always on . check the again and all is fine . car is working again .

then it suddenly stopped . leave it for some time and it will run again for few seconds then stop . i started to hear a click when i connect the batteries . the car has a hook which opens when i click on a rc button . now the hook opens directly when connecting batteries .

i tried to remove the rc battery to check if the problem from there but the hook keeps opening as soon as a battery is connected to the car . and the little device behind the hook ( which seems like a magnet that operate to pull a metal piece connected to the plastic hook ) became very hot .

i believe that the hook mechanism is being connected without rc command . i wonder what should i do now to fix the hook mechanism and the problem of car stopping after few seconds of use .

please advice