Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Here you go guys

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2021, 01:20 PM

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Here you go guys

Not exactly sure where this one fits..so I'm going to put it here.
Christmas is approaching, of course, and, like most guys I'm a "last minute" shopper.
So I was given something that kinda rings all the right bells, especially for those of you with kids, looking for a good father/child project if they also are interested in RC. It's not super expensive and easy to fix if they crash it....very easy to fix.

Now, you are probably thinking...it's wood, and you'd be right..it's also incredibly strong once assembled.
It's also not exactly slow. On the included battery it runs about 30 mph..you get about a 7 minute run time. It's a Nicad. I put a 2s LiPo 1800 in mine..a cop friend clocked the sucker with his radar gun at 41 mph on gravel. On asphalt about 43. It did a wheel stand on launch for about 8 feet.
I've cartwheeled it in high speed turns, no damage. It's all wheel drive, it don't care if it's grass, sand, gravel or pavement...it's going, but it REALLY likes pavement.
the shocks aren't oil filled, but for its weight they do very well Its about a 7 hr build plus dry time.
It's recommended to use gorilla glue for its bond strength though..so use gloves. That stuff does not let go easy.
the kit comes with everything, including transmitter..it's kind of a cheapy so swapping the reciever to use a better transmitter is very doable.
I travel for my job, so doing a quick thrash of this thing, now and then is a blast..I get asked questions about it all the time because it's unusual..even for a guy that prefers rc planes, this thing is just....fun.
It's all laser cut parts so have tape handy to run across each slab if wood before you unstack it or you'll have parts everywhere. Comes with the required tools, but use a good screwdriver on the engine motor mounting screws..
the steering, driveshafts, gear boxes are pretty standard rc stuff from what I can tell, front axle uses steering cups, driveshafts are steel,
the one weak link in the power train might be the plastic gear between motor and rear gear box if you upgrade the motor (not hard to do that either,)
but, as yet, with the included motor, I have had no issues. It's taken a five foot drop with no damage..so you don't have to worry too much about it breaking. Great project with a youngen on a weekend. Just be sure to thread lock all the silver through bolts.

Oh yeah..it's a Mancrates kit...
www.mancrates.com search for rc buggy. If you need spare parts, email or call them. They have a hardware kit that replaces both gear boxes, the motor, driveshafts, all screws, steering linkage, shocks, transmitter and reciever, charger and battery.
149 with duct tape wrapping 😀

Last edited by Txmustangflyer; 12-10-2021 at 01:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
RustyUs (12-12-2021)