Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Hyper 7 headplate

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2023, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper 7 head button

I've got a Hyper 7 TQ nitro car and the threads on the head button are stripped. I can find loads of head buttons with a turbo plug but can't find a standard one. Are there any head buttons for other brands that would fit?

Last edited by Dansullie; 09-23-2023 at 01:58 PM. Reason: correction
Old 09-29-2023, 03:00 AM

Received 82 Likes on 75 Posts

You would need to know what the bore of the engine is, what depth the head button protrudes into the cylinder, combustion chamber diameter/shape/depth, etc. if you want to get picky. The most important is the bore diameter and depth into the liner being the same. Quite honestly, I would suggest putting a helicoil in it and try to be 200% more careful to not strip it out again.

Knowing what brand of engine you have and size would be helpful as well.
Old 10-09-2023, 12:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you tell me the diameter of the cylinder, and if possible also the bore (check that they are the same), I can help you find out. The best way to do this is to use a calliper (I use an electric one), which will give you all the necessary information as well as the dimensions or other data needed.