Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 07:59 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires

If i use slicks will it be better then the hpi x-pattern? i drive my car on the street
Old 01-26-2004, 08:28 PM

Default RE: Tires

If you race or just want good traction, you will want slicks. The softest compound you can find.
If you want to have a bit of drift, any of those treaded tires will do. I race, so I use Sorex slicks.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:55 PM
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It also depends on how dirty the surface is. Slicks tend to slide more on a dusty/ dirty surface...Proline makes some good tires, Take Offs and Yokomo's are good too. Soft tires are good for traction, but will grind away real fast on a rough surface. Personally, I prefer to sacrifice a little traction for durability, and want my tires to last for more than a few tanks of fuel. Med. compound seems to be a good compromise of traction and wear, generally speaking, but there are many more variables involved and we could go on and on...
Old 01-27-2004, 04:59 PM

id look at this in the same context as real life cars.. if ya want the ultimate performance on a track thats gonna be dry and almost absolutly clean.. like a F1 car.. then use slicks.. if your gonna be on a trach thats gonna have debri use very low treaded wheels like touring cars..
if its gonna be a mixture of the two .. use medium to high tread tires like rally drivers... id remember that every time a real life car driver has to race they have a choise of several tire types and choose on the day depending on what the track/ weather is like.. this is also relevant for RC
i use rally style.. med tread slightly soft tires for my car for street bashing.. as its sometimes smooth sometimes damp sometimes gritty.. if ya race indoors or on a good track youd use slicks.. maybe it would be worth getting something that makes "the best of both worlds" unless your a hardcore racer
just my 2 cents

excuse the spelling i was typing fast hehe