Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

4x4 break things vs 2x4?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 06:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4x4 break things vs 2x4?

i heard that 4x4 nitros produce more drag and tend to break things... i know 4x4 are better for grip, but how are they full throttle on pavement vs 2wheel drive? the nitro truck i plan to get, wont always be offroad. sometimes it will be on grass, gravel, dirt, concrete, asfault. so what would be best for less drag and parts not breaking? 4wd or 2
Old 05-22-2004, 01:53 PM

Default RE: 4x4 break things vs 2x4?

I would say 4wd is better. I have an Mgt that I converted to 2wd only and it still runs just as well other than it spins out when you hit the throttle quickly. It also burns out a lot when its on concrete and asfault. If you get a 4 wheel drive rc stick with it, you'll be able to control it a lot better and steer out of danger a lot quicker plus more grip is always good. The only reason i switched 2wd on my Mgt was because i like doing burnouts and donuts with rear wheel drive and it still gets up to speed and does great jumps.
Old 05-22-2004, 05:12 PM

Default RE: 4x4 break things vs 2x4?

4wd cars run alot smoother on the concrete. My st just spins out if you gas it to fast.