Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Test run at skate park today

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Test run at skate park today

Man we had a blast today!!! I found a local Skate park across town that I never knew was there (lived here for 6 yrs), anyway... I took the Savage out there to get the feel of how a larger truck drives. I just got this truck 2 days ago and had previously ran a nitro evader for a few weeks, but thats it, no other driving experience with RC's. I couldn't believe how easy it was to drive this thing! Before I knew it I was sending this thing 8ft in the air off the half pipe and other jumps they had there. This truck took it and wanted more, simply amazing!

Funny thing was, I was worried about being "in the way" while the kids were there with their boards and blades but it wasnt long before they stopped and watched as I made a few runs. I just can't get over how much control you have with these trucks... even in the air!

My kids and I will definatly be going back out there next weekend!!!!
Old 08-15-2004, 06:25 PM

Default RE: Test run at skate park today

When I finish refurbishing my rustler I'm taking it to the local skate park.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:58 PM

sounds fun, ill have to try it at my local skate park.
Old 08-17-2004, 07:37 PM

nice
Old 08-19-2004, 11:25 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Sounds awesome!!! But im a lil afraid to go to my local park and them yell at me or something[]
Old 08-20-2004, 08:31 AM

i've got a rs4 mt with toadtyres on it JUST TO PLAY AT THE SKATEPARK!!!! got a crawler for the rocks, a marder for the real dirt.
the made the park to jump! they never said with what!!
i live in the netherlands and every time we go there, people stop to watch! we even try to copy the skaters and usualy that ends with who can jump the highest!!!!! (guess who???)
skateparks are big fun! they don't get mad when you go there, just act normal, don't make them fall over your car and, just like them, wait for your turn. i always ask if we can play there to (mmmm, i'm 32.... ask if i can play.....) and no-one ever said no!
Old 08-20-2004, 11:09 AM

yeah but at my local skatepark their all drug addicts so i dont go there...
Old 08-21-2004, 12:08 AM

im gearin up to go today, with my old tamiya cheys10 stadium truck.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:24 AM

yeah but at my local skatepark their all drug addicts so i dont go there...
Do you know this from experience or are you stereotyping those who express themselves differently? :lol :lol

All the kids now look like drug dealers, addicts, thugs, and/or hoodlums, so you cant just assume that anymore.
I mean, most of them wear there wasteline around there knees, got brand new yet TORN geans (they call them designer geans no less) on, I dont get it.
The white kids are acting/dressing black and the black kids are acting/dressing white, I for one am very confused.
When I was growing up, the black kids listened to soul, the white kids listened to rock, now they all listen to C rap :lol :lol :lol
Old 08-21-2004, 04:01 PM

hey man i am a white fifteen year4 old kid. and i dont 1 look like a thug 2 i wear my pants a little low but you cant even tell. i hate C rap and listen to rock devotely. i dont act black, so its not all of us. yes the are a bunch of wigers but i am not any of what you said.[] see you my friend ar bieng stereotypical. what if i said you were just old and didnt know what you were talkin about cause you are a dummy and you are old.
Old 08-21-2004, 05:00 PM

ROCK OWNS!
Old 08-21-2004, 07:12 PM

Lighten up young man and pull your britch's up. ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I didn't mean to lump all teens into one stereo type, its just we old farts dont see to many "geeks" anymore ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2004, 08:55 PM

get off the floor and stop laughing and look around. i dont were those stupid ass torn jeans. that just aint me.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:59 PM

but lets keep on the subject shall we?. yesterday i jumped a 16 foot trailer long ways. oh my f****** god, i ve never seen a truck fly that far in person. it is a open flat bed trailer. i barely cleared it but i landed flat. it was awesome
Old 08-22-2004, 08:50 AM

Honestly, I dont see any steriotypes in our small farming community other than us rednecks. Its when we leave our backyard and visit town is where I see the
"counter culture". I meant no disrespect to anyone, just stating an observation.
Going to our local Mall is like stepping onto a sound stage for M TV, most teens there look the part anyways.

Our skateboard park is all but abandoned, rarely are skeeter boys (cool tune)ever there, they rather rip up the new mall parking lot. Anyhow, I will try the skate park next time I go bashing.
My best mis-stunt was building a 4' high ramp out of a full piece of plywood and a bunch of 4X4 scraps stacked up for elevation. I had successfully jumped it a half dozen times so I went for broke. I got up to full speed and MISSED the ramp, ran under the ramp and right into the stack of 4X4 scraps. The impact was tremendous, sending the now 4X4 missiles and splinters everywhere as the plywood crashed down atop my still running truggy so I hit the gas and it crawled out from under the ramp unscathed. To this day I cant figure out how I missed the ramp, it was 4' wide, maybe I need new glasses ROFLMAO.

My neibor and I jump over his Demolition cars all the time. We have cleared 3 cars (wide) but 4 has proven to be disasterous. His T-Maxx has landed in the front seat a time or two and I either clip the flipped headers that stick up above the roof line or t-bone the roof structure. If we rebuild the ramp (longer/higher), eliminate the rutts, and lengthen the approach (limited by a privacy fence), I think I could clear a fifth car turn sideways.

Whats the world record for the furthest successful jump by an 1/8 RC, I dont mean leaping off a '100 foot cliff but on level ground?