Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

ESC suitable for Battle Bot??

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESC suitable for Battle Bot??

Hey,

i decided to post this in the car forum because its symilar to a car -
i might be building a battle bot for an engineering project, weighing around 10~20kgs (hopfully)

im thinking of powering it by a Magnetic mayhem motor for each of the 4 wheels will they be powerful enough?
anyways to the point: the thing needs power and I want to use 2x 10 cell 2000~3000mah nicad batterys
does this sound reasonable

i dont know much about ESCs so thats why im asking - i want to use 1 esc for each side of motors and use differential thrust to steer it,
what ESC do i need for a 10 cell 3000mah nicad??? the ESC also needs to be able to handle the extreem currents generated by the motor when it is stalled.

does this boat ESC look ok? (the one on the right hand side: http://www.ripmax.com/ProductFrames/P-XTRA-Boat.html)

Any suggestions welcome!!

thanks

Paris
Old 09-03-2004, 10:37 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ESC suitable for Battle Bot??

You are probably in the market for a pair of E-Maxx electronic speed controls. Each one can run 2 motors (front and rear left on one, front and rear right on the other). They operate at 14.4 volts (12 cells). If you go that route, simply get motors packaged in pairs and marketed for the e-maxx.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ESC suitable for Battle Bot??

Oh right, thanks ill look into that