Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
 Aftermarket Differential Gears (smartech) >

Aftermarket Differential Gears (smartech)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Aftermarket Differential Gears (smartech)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Differential Gears (smartech)

My stock diff. gears are worn to the brink of nothing-ness for my front and rear wheels. Does anyone know any aftermarket diffs. I can put on this brand? it is a Smartech 1/10 condor pro buggy.

Thanks
Old 10-10-2004, 10:27 AM

Default RE: Aftermarket Differential Gears (smartech)

Here is the info I have so far:
Supposed maker of my car: Acme Racing.
Model: 2 Speed Condor Pro

Diff. Bevel Gear S. (~1/2" round, ~1/4" height, 10 teeth)
Diff. Bevel Gear B. (~10/16" round, ~1/4" height, 13 teeth)
hole size needed for my pin to fit in (~1/2")

My research has shown that the OFNA 37771 and 37772 bevel gears might just fit! I am waiting on a response from acme and OFNA to see if these will indeed fit. If they think they might, I will go to my LHS and buy a set. I will report what I find.

EDIT:
Does anyone have these gears from OFNA that could provide me with the mesurements?

On a unrelated note....
I purchased a dynamite tuned pipe with manifold set as a replacement for mine on the smartech buggy, fits with a minor mod to the exhaust pipe coming from the pipe. Has to cut it back about 1". I don't have the specific model number with me right now, but if you need it let me know!

Edit: Changed 1/2" on bevel gear B to 10/16" as that is closer to its size
Old 01-04-2005, 05:20 AM

ORIGINAL: Treader

Here is the info I have so far:
Supposed maker of my car: Acme Racing.
Model: 2 Speed Condor Pro

Diff. Bevel Gear S. (~1/2" round, ~1/4" height, 10 teeth)
Diff. Bevel Gear B. (~10/16" round, ~1/4" height, 13 teeth)
hole size needed for my pin to fit in (~1/2")

My research has shown that the OFNA 37771 and 37772 bevel gears might just fit! I am waiting on a response from acme and OFNA to see if these will indeed fit. If they think they might, I will go to my LHS and buy a set. I will report what I find.

EDIT:
Does anyone have these gears from OFNA that could provide me with the mesurements?

On a unrelated note....
I purchased a dynamite tuned pipe with manifold set as a replacement for mine on the smartech buggy, fits with a minor mod to the exhaust pipe coming from the pipe. Has to cut it back about 1". I don't have the specific model number with me right now, but if you need it let me know!

Edit: Changed 1/2" on bevel gear B to 10/16" as that is closer to its size

What about that?

I have the same problem and i am looking for something alternative and more qualitative!

Please answer us!

Thank you in advance!
Old 02-24-2008, 02:15 AM

Go to www.rchighspeed.com and see what they have. I got some aluminum parts from them. Worked great.