Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Duratrax evader Bx help

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duratrax evader Bx help

Hello, i'm new here and i hope someone can help...
i got a duratrax evader bx nitro for 3 month now, and i drive carefully but i seem to be braking the front suspension arm often 2 times now, one with the regular stock part and the other was a graphite part.
i saw that aluminum existed for the St, is there a model that would fit on mine or a different compagnie?...
let me know please...
is there some tuning that would be good to do too? and to make it more stable?

thanks aloth

Gen
Old 05-05-2005, 09:21 AM

Default RE: Duratrax evader Bx help

If you switch to aluminum, there's a fair chance that you'll start blowing other parts instead of the A-arms. The stronger arms will transfer the crash impact to the next part in line. Hinge pins and bulkheads will be next i guess. The crash energy has to be dissipated somewhere.

imho, stock plastic is your best option. Have a spare on hand, and send any you break into duratrax for a free replacement.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:31 PM
cjg

How are you breaking it? Hitting something or jumping?
Old 05-09-2005, 08:08 AM

The first brake i was not driving it...it hit concret but not that fast... and the second...the "e" clip 2mm i got at the hobby shop are i guess really cheep...they went off of the pin...why? i don't know...i guess the metal was week. that is the one i broke with the graphite...the weal got cauth under and did +- 6 rolls so i guess it is "normal" ... but all of this was on alsphat surface so i guess it a sand pit it will be worse... are duratrax that sensitive? and is there a roll cage available for it?...
let me know
thanks
Old 05-09-2005, 02:18 PM

I find my Evader ST very durable. I've jumped it and tumbled it pretty hard too. The only parts i've broken have been because i was running it in sub-zero temps. Cold plastic is brittle plastic.

Losing an e-clip happens some times. Maybe it wasn't on properly to begin with. Or if it was a used one, maybe it got bent and stressed when it was taken off.

There are no roll-cages for these things. You can probably make one if you're abitious.

If you're gonna run in sand, make sure you're air filter is clean and oiled and in tip-top shape(if your bx is nitro). Clean extrememly thorougly afterwards. Sand gets into everything and will foul your bearings.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:02 PM

Thanks for the tip... i will eventually go in sand pit, as far as now, it was only the front arms that broke off...and it got bangned hard...
i might get into doing a roll-cage... home made...

see ya

gen
Old 09-10-2011, 10:21 AM

i have an evader bx and i just got it back running and i hit the throttle and it doesnt go anywhere... it revs up but wont go...