Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

mrc desert thunder?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mrc desert thunder?

Hi i have two old r/c cars ones a tamiya monster beetle and i think the other one is a mrc desert thunder. Has anyone got any pictures of a desert thunder so i can see if thats what i have got.
thanks.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:25 PM

Default RE: mrc desert thunder?

mrc? by mrc do you mean schumacher xtr otherwise known as desert storm ?
Old 08-25-2005, 12:58 PM

dunno mate i know nothing about these cars but it says desert thunder down the side and mrc on the top
Old 09-20-2005, 03:06 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have one, a nice BIG buggy with dual motors, very similar to the Thunder King. Problem is MRC has dropped all support for it and pretends that they never heard of it so they can't or won't tell you what thunder king parts fit it. The rear stub axles are soft and will bend with minor jumps and I am afraid to run mine for fear of bending my only good set. I can't find jack for spares but it is one nice looking and driving buggy, just wish I could buy parts or that they would re kit it.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:53 AM

I know what you mean about not having any info on the old World Scale cars and trucks. You can barely find anything on Google that even refers to it. I just restored my Baja King and I'm afraid to run it because if I break something, it's over. Not to mention I need a new body for it.

*edit* Michal, if it's BIG and has dual motors, it's an MRC Desert Thunder. It might say MRC on the tranny (my BK does).

Look at this thread and scroll down and you'll see a picture of it:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_18..._2/key_/tm.htm
Old 09-20-2005, 07:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will make it a point to take my one good outer axle with me to the hobby shop and compare it to the others, maybe something like a Tmaxx or Savage or some such truck will be a match even if it means. Of course I HATE the prospect of doing that, the pimpled putz behind the counter will say or do anyting to keep from having to reach behind him and pick out one of each that they have and let you compare them.

Also, does anyone own a Desert Thunder AND a Thunder King? Are the identical other than the body mounts and wheels or are the totally different?