Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

is it coinsidence??

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is it coinsidence??

well, just to vent, it happened to me twice and i still don't know why it happened...2-3 weeks ago i run my monster truck in a parking lot of a park, while the truck was in the other end of the parking lot bout 200 feet away from me i lost radio contact so it run away and hit a cement slub car stopper, truck was able to ramp over it but after checkin i broke the steering, servosaver and many more.
Yesterday i'm running my kyosho truck, same spot same thing happen, lost radio contact, truck run away hit the cement slub and rip off my suspension...really hate what happened..not only that i run my truck bout 5 times in different days but same place i always end up breaking the truck..

Is there something like natural power or just a jinx in this place...what i only noticed was next to the parking lot there is a tomb site for a K9 and maybe he doesn't like the noise of nitro...what u think???
Old 02-04-2006, 11:20 AM

Default RE: is it coinsidence??

i think you should invest in a fail safe it could be a whole bunch of things that couse rf interferences power lines cb channels bleeding frequency ,or just about any power source reales rf ,and couse run aways so go and purchase a fail safe or put a throtle return spring on could be that the stock radio u are using has short tx distance maybe any get a fail safe
Old 02-04-2006, 11:24 AM

k9 dont like the nitro. I mean my dog don't. Yup what mgtman said invest in a failsafe!!
Old 02-04-2006, 02:23 PM
My Feedback: (1)

I am assuming you are using an AM frequency? Firstly get a failsafe FOR SURE. If it saves you from one accident it will pay for itself and save you hassle. Is there any powerlines, high voltage transformers, or anything of the like in the spot where you lost contact? Have you ever noticed how powerlines and such will affect an AM radio signal?
Just a guess as i have no idea what the area looks like.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:27 PM

looks like a re write of what i wrote not a guess and i studied rf for years i built and comission cell sites
Old 02-04-2006, 03:34 PM

simple florecent bulb even couse rf disturbance i could light up a light bulb in your hands not pluged in from more then 10 ft away from my cb radio
Old 02-04-2006, 03:49 PM

oh that's pretty cool once I turned on my AM airtronics and held it near my speaker systems and it made a Star Wars lightsaber sound! lol
Old 02-04-2006, 03:59 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Don't get me wrong man I am just agreeing with you but i am just wondering what he was near for my own rc safety LOL.
So if you got some kind of interference like that is it possible that your failsafe wouldn't kick in?
Old 02-04-2006, 04:07 PM

well not to get introuble again i severly damaged all equipment at my local macdonalds just by talking on my extremly modified cb radio with amplifier ,got arrested for flooding all the soda machines and clearing all their systems 1 year probation confiscation of my 3000 dollar system and 4500 in fines so trust me ive been messing with rf for over 25 years from cb,ham ,rc,and cellular and seen what type of damage and interference it could couse. anyway to get back to the subject get a fail safe unit ,im sure you will eventually upgrade your radio and look into the spectrum systems that are out now ,and to make it full proof install a throttle return spring to your carb
Old 02-04-2006, 04:14 PM

yes some frequency interference especially on am frequency wont always engage you fail safe best example is modified cb radios used by truckers on the highway some produce thousands of watts which couses the tx signal to bleed through the whole frequency span the best bet is to combine the fail safe and also try installing a throttle return spring on your carb even spectrum systems get glitches not as many since its a higher freq
Old 02-04-2006, 04:21 PM

and the best way proven to stop rf radiation or any other frequency is lead ,as for example when you go get an xray they put that vest on you thats a lead vest they also have lead lined suits for cell techs in the industry to protect them from rf so hmm one idea might be to make a lead lined rx box hmmm[&:][:-]