Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

worst crashes u have had?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default worst crashes u have had?

ok mine is erm today kinda coming out of a power slide and went and it a curb at 25-30mph and breaking off the front bumper of my car

you guys gotta have worse luck than me
Old 01-16-2003, 01:14 AM

Not the worst of crashes, but has to be one of the slowest. I was out goofing off at the park today, powerslid up to the edge of the hill, caught the outside tires and rolled off the edge. It rolled all the way down the hill, at least a dozen rolls. I tried to get it stopped each time the tires hit, but no luck. Came to stop upright on the asfault below. I drove off.

Can't say enough about the toughness of these trucks....
Old 01-16-2003, 01:17 AM

Hit a rut crossways with my Tmaxx wot bout 45mph. Endoed about 10 times and landed about 4ft high in a bush. Poor bush.
hence the signature. hehe
Old 01-16-2003, 01:26 AM

This is the worst for me, both car and feeling.

In a race, main event, running second place and 8 mins into a 10 mins main, tailing the leader coming out of a hair pin turn into the straight away, thinking I will take the lead. I then full the throttle wide open.... a millisecond later, got t-boned. Lost my battery pack, the car went smack into the boards at full speed at the end of the straight. Spent so much money rebuilding. Was not using any return spring or failsafe.

Both the wallet and feeling got hurt bad...really bad. I guess I placed dead last on that one.

The upside, my car was close to brand new.
Old 01-16-2003, 02:01 AM

Default worst crash

I had a pretty bad one with my rs4 i was going top speed for about 20 feet then it lost control hit a curb at full speed flew up because the curb had a slant and then in mid air it hit a sign did atleast 15 barrel rolls before it hit the ground!! I can't say I drove away from it though.. lost my front drive shaft and had to order a new one today..
Old 01-16-2003, 02:09 AM

My worst isn't that bad...i crashed into the curb going around a courner and the car flipped twice and landed on the wheels...not much damage just broke a rear axel...
Old 01-16-2003, 02:16 AM
My Feedback: (16)

I think my name says it best.

Actually......my worst crashes have been with airplanes. Spend hours creating a master piece.....getting it into the air.....enjoying every minute of it......and some how......eventually.....Mr Murphy (Murphy's Law) would appear and make my wonderful creation meet mother earth! As some others would say after a crash of heavy magnitude.....GRAVITY SUCKS!
Old 01-16-2003, 02:26 AM

ne1 know were to get the kyosho pureten foam bumper from? ive looked everywere ... and from tower hobbies but delivery is too long!

any help .. im from UK
Old 01-16-2003, 02:36 AM

i didn't kno wether to laugh or cry. i was in a school parking lot one saturday and decided to see how well my hpi nitro rs4 3 handles after the new titanium turnbuckles, graphite shock towers with mip universal axles, and a bunch of new hop ups that cost me over 200 dollars. i was coming oout of the side of the school when there was a straight away i pulled full throttle, then when i let go it still kept going full throttle(servo problem, changed the servo) it went straight for a car, hit the tire at about 75 km/h, the body cracks in half, the exhaust flies 10 feet, the chassis folds up in the front, the bumper falls off, the engine stops because the glow plug pops out and i didn't kno wether to laugh because the car was just sitting there halfway into the tire of some guys pontiac grand am, or cry because my car was broken.
Old 01-16-2003, 02:38 AM

My worst was when the battery light in my transmitter was blinking and I didn't notice (stupid me ) and the batteries went dead. Of course, the carb was open all the way when the batteries died, and I had half a tank of fuel left. My car smashed into the curb going around 50, went up in the air (engine still roaring, me still screaming ), and BAMM. The car smashed down right side up and kept going (very durable, don't know if that's a good thing in situations like these), and smashed into a fence going around 25. The engine was STILL going, but since the car was facing the fence, it wasn't moving. I picked up the car, and the 2 front wheels fell right off, and I cut the engine. The wheels cracked, the bumper snapped right off,(along with the foam and my front body posts), and the body was wrecked (luckily just a banger). Not including a new body, it only cost me around $20. Guess I got lucky .
Old 01-16-2003, 04:03 AM

Wow...everyones was a lot worse than mine....i'm just glad I didn't have a run away on my hands.
Old 01-16-2003, 04:49 AM

I uh..broke my bumper.. 3 time so far.. costs me 7 bucks each friggin time!!!
MAKE IT STOP!
-ram
Old 01-16-2003, 12:50 PM

Be a little more careful
Old 01-16-2003, 01:51 PM

LESSON # 1 - Car works much more efficiently if you don't drive into stuff. And yeah its alot easier said then done. I would say my worst was a time I was getting the low end tuned for a race on a basketball court. The servo broke and the car went 50 mph straight into a basketball post. 40 bucks later I was on the road again.
Old 01-17-2003, 03:09 AM

sounded painful
Old 01-17-2003, 04:33 AM

More than you would like to know. Had to rebuild the whole front end, new upper and lower chassis, suspension, tower......yeah for lack of a better word it sucked.
Old 01-17-2003, 05:55 AM

Heh.. I'll tell you one thing..
This is one FRIGGIN EXPENSIVE HOBBY!!!!
-ram
Old 01-17-2003, 06:25 AM

We had our run cut short this afternoon after several flips and cartwheels when I (dad) crashed the car yet again. :stupid:

The kids (7&9) drive this thing way better than me! I went sideways into a stonewall and busted the rear left wheel off at about 20 mph, axle busted, lost a couple parts, haven't been able to find locally even at hobbytown.

I"ll tell you it's a lot better when I bite it, cause I can't get mad at the kids!
Old 01-17-2003, 03:00 PM

i had my throttle servo rub against the spur gear. unfortunately it was going WOT and didn't stop till it hit top speed"apx60mph"and hit a curb, here's the end result.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	47966_17349.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	29470  
Old 01-17-2003, 03:09 PM

erm OWCH looks a harsh bit of damage
Old 01-17-2003, 04:01 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Not as bad as that one above, but I was going about thirty, noticed I was going too fast, so I slid it sideways to try to stop it faster, but hit a curb. I bent the dogbone at a 60 degree angle, messed up the axle, broke the carriers, and bent the bearing covers in. My wheel was just dangling by a thread.
Old 01-17-2003, 04:09 PM

That sux man....sounds like you coulda felt it...lol
Old 01-17-2003, 04:57 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Yea...lol
Old 01-17-2003, 07:25 PM

well the idiot that i am i decided i need to let my car loose once again !

soo was takin a nice U turn and fully accelerated out of it little did i remeber thats where all my RC equipment was and fuel and stuff! and u can guess what happend next!

erm CRASH .."OH SH**" was my exact phrase lucky my car came out fine and so did the fuel and my tools! considering i have no bumper everythin just bounced off it, it was going that quick!

im just waiting for my follow up were i the car came out worst!

lol its a fun hobby and im starting to get addicted!
Old 01-17-2003, 09:45 PM

Being new to r/c cars, I don't have any real bad ones so far but, I have a pretty funny one!
I was out trying out my new two speed transmission on a Ofna Ultra. I was getting it tweaked in and just running up and down the road next to our CL flying field when I got the the far end and started to turn around, got about 90 degrees and all of a sudden I get full throttle and it goes behind a small hill. I can see the dust and dirt flying and I could hear the car as I ran towards it then, it went silent, I figure the car died or something. So, I get to the area and don't see it, I'm looking all over when a kid on a bike comes up and asked if I was looking for that r'c car, he tells me it when over this mount and pointed, well then I was horrified because I know there was a canal on the other side. So, me and my buddies are on the edge of the bank, looking down to the water 6 feet below, trying to spot it. We're thinking to ourself, it couldn't have gone in that far but, we couldn't see it. So, I wade up to my chest to see if I could spot it in the deeper water, no luck. I notice a guy in a one man canoe doing some fishing down the way and asked if he'd row over and see if he could spot it in the deeper water. Well, after a while he sees it in about 6 feet of water and out about 30 feet from the shore, so we fish the thing out. Man, I couldn't believe how far that car had jumped, must of skidded on top of the water a couple of times before sinking. The only bummer about the whole ordeal was, I didn't even get to see it go in! That would have been a cool sight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.