Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Need help bad real bad

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help bad real bad

hey i just bought a nitro tc3 and put the xtm 18 pro engine in it and the engine is beautiful and
torqey but i have one prob when i get on full throttle it seems like it loses tank pressure and
trys to die out untill i let off the gas. i went to hobby town usa and asked about the prob and they
said it could be fuel lines or carb and stuff. so i replaced the fuel lines and bought a 0ne way
presure fitting and it still does it so if yu could please give me more knoledge on this car and
how to fix it if you know PLEASE thxs [email protected]
Old 01-26-2003, 08:43 PM

Have you tried leaning it out a little bit? That is what I did to mine and it runs better now. I had the same problem as you.
Old 01-26-2003, 10:39 PM

What you describe, sounds like a "lean" condition to me. Typically when an engine dies at full throttle and then comes back on at mid throttle indicates a lean condition. The engine is "starving" for fuel at the top end. Open up the main needle a quarter of a turn and try it.
Old 01-26-2003, 10:41 PM

Yes im wit krusty sounds like its lean. Richen it out some and try that. (High speed needle)

}{unter
Old 01-27-2003, 05:03 AM

yeah but leaning out is exactly what you dont want and thats what it does plus that puts more damage on the engine./ remember its leaning out cuz lack of fuel pressure
Old 01-27-2003, 05:14 AM

but i had the high speed needle out so far that i had to idle it with my controller. it was like 4 full turns out the needle was poping out the brass holder it was in. so what else could it be?
Old 01-27-2003, 03:20 PM

it sounds like the needle might be damaged from what i hear. The person you bought it from or even yourself could have overtighened the needle which will cause it to be damaged.

Right Krusty ?

BTW... we said to Richen it not lean it out if you didnt know sry if i didnt make myself clear

}{unter
Old 01-27-2003, 05:26 PM

Originally posted by rsxowner2002
but i had the high speed needle out so far that i had to idle it with my controller. it was like 4 full turns out the needle was poping out the brass holder it was in. so what else could it be?
Sounds like your low needle is too lean too. Does the carb have a middle needle. Normally, you don't (and should not) adjust this needle. Hopefully you did not.
Old 01-27-2003, 07:14 PM

Ok if your engine is running lean enough to die.. then your engine must also be overheating.. Do you have a temp meter?
If your engine is running less than 200 when goin up so high.. you may have it too rich..
but most probably its probably hitting 300 and running lean like everyone suggests.. NOT GOOD!
Get a $30 temp meter.. its the best investment saving investment I've made!
-ram
Old 01-27-2003, 11:10 PM

BUGGIES_R_US actually 200 is not hot enough. The around temp u need is about 250- 280. If it reaches 300 then shut it off richen it 1/4 turnes and try again after 10 mins of cooling. A nother way to check if its to hot is to put a little bit of spit or water on ya finger and touch it with the Head just to put a bit on the head and see how fast it boils away. if it boils away in 2 secs then richen it 1/4. around 3 to 4 secs is ok

Richen needle (screw the needle (screw) out) = Lower temps

Lean Needle (Screw Needle In) = Higher temps

you dont want it to run to cold yet sure not to high.

}{unter
Old 01-28-2003, 03:49 AM
My Feedback: (1)

[i]it was like 4 full turns out the needle was poping out the brass holder it was in. so what else could it be? [/B]
I just had this same experiance with a motor that I put on my NTC3. I found that if you are running a fuel filter, it can't suck enough fuel to keep it running. I removed the fuel filter and it ran fine. Also, I found a small pin hole in my fuel line when I replaced the fuel filter. make sure that the fuel line is not getting pinched or kinked anywhere as well.
Old 01-28-2003, 03:52 AM

well you guys are still stuck on the fact of that it seems leaned out to much but if you read i turned the needle out to 4 full turns and had to have my controller idle the car so how much more could you think i could go...not much cuz its almost to the point of coming out. the "moon guy or somthing" said that the fuel fiter could be clogged or the carb dirty well it was doing this before i had a filter on it and a brand new engine shouldnt need the carb cleaned and cleared out should it? and i like to keep my temps around the 220- 230 degrees it seems to work well at those temp ranges. i noticed that the factory fuel tubing was large enough to litterally "it seemed" blow it off with air pressure so i put my nitro rs4 3 ss lines on it which are small enough for a tight fit but not to restrictive. but guys i appreciate all this info from all of you so keep it coming cuz im sure there are others with these little probs thx rsxowner
Old 01-28-2003, 03:57 AM
My Feedback: (1)

[i] i noticed that the factory fuel tubing was large enough to litterally "it seemed" blow it off with air pressure so i put my nitro rs4 3 ss lines on it which are small enough for a tight fit but not to restrictive. [/B]
The fuel line that is on an HIP is for a .12 size motor. Your motor is an .18. I would go back and put the original size fuel line on it that came on it. The fuel line you said blew off. Try cutting an O'ring out of the fuel line and pushing it down into the outlet hole of the fuel tank. I have done this to mine and it doesn't pop out anymore. It is a bit hard to get down in there, but once it is in, it don't come out.
Old 01-28-2003, 04:01 AM

well im testing this theory with the lines do honestly think they could be that restrictive?
Old 01-28-2003, 04:04 AM

have you had any probs with the tank or any thing and if not how did you get the o ring typ thing on and what o ring ?????
Old 01-28-2003, 06:04 AM

yes I agree hunter.. I said if its 200 or less then its too rich!!
Dont make me doubt my words now! I've just barely crossed the learning curve! lol
ram
Old 01-28-2003, 06:08 AM

but its not under 200 degrees it sits at 230
Old 01-28-2003, 05:53 PM

Can you share the carb configuration. How many needles (including idle screw) for tuning, type of carb, etc. Would help us help you.

I still believe its too lean
Old 01-28-2003, 06:20 PM

Try richening the low speed need 1/4 turn and see if that helps or it could be too rich (high speed needle) too but it doesn't sound like you are too lean, especially if you are running at 230. Is the car bogging down at high speed? or just cutting off?
Old 01-29-2003, 03:34 AM

its a xtm 18 pro rotary carb 2 needle and yes it cuts out if i continue to stay at wot like theres not enough tank pressure. what could it be. its a new engine with probably about a quart through it. i cleaned the carb and cleaned the brand new dubro fuel filter. i put tighter fitting fuel tubing on the car too. and a one way pressure fitting on the exhaust side and yes its hooked up right.
Old 01-29-2003, 01:53 PM

I'm thinking the hsn is too rich and so when you hold it wot with all this pressure jazz you have on there its pumping way too much fuel into the engine and bogging it down untill you let off the gas. Try leaning it out a bit, you don't have to worry about damaging the engine cus you are running really cold at present time.
Old 01-29-2003, 05:51 PM

I'm thinking its too rich at this point...try leaning it out. Its like you are bogging down the engine with all the fuel thats going to it...plus it is running cold, so try leaning it out quite a bit and see what happens.
Old 02-01-2003, 07:41 AM

its still doing the same da@n thing. the tank has a stone filter in it do you think it could be clogged or that it could be to restrictive? is there any way to make it less restrictive? could it be that the tank is made for a 12 sized motor? but i wouldnt think that it would restrict it that much or would it?