Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

whats the best fuel to run

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the best fuel to run

i have a hpi mt2 that requries 10%-15% nitro and 16% lub is that what i have to run or can i run 20% nitro what is the best fuel to run and where do u get it.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:22 PM

Default RE: whats the best fuel to run

You can run 20% as long as it meets the lubrication content. Get it at your lhs becasue i think there is a hazardous material handling or special shipping when you get it off the net.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:58 PM

I personally use Blue Thunder and I love it.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:20 PM

I use 33% Top Fuel from Traxxas. Alot of power and designed for the TRX engines. I like it.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:26 PM

ORIGINAL: jw23

i have a hpi mt2 that requries 10%-15% nitro and 16% lub is that what i have to run or can i run 20% nitro what is the best fuel to run and where do u get it.

You can run up to 20% and you can run 30% but you will need to put a shim or two in. I happen to run O'Donell, I have tried fuel's like Blue thunder, Trinity Phantom fuel's and others. Now there is nothing wrong with Trinity fuel's just my LHS no longer carry's it so I have switched to O'Donell and so far have had no problems with it. I used to run Blue thunder when I was new to the scene, but I had OWB problems and had some tuning issue's and thought it was just me. As soon as I switched fuel's my OWB problems went away along with my tuning issue's and I will never again run Blue thunder. I just do not like it, as far as where I get it I get my fuel at my one LHS as the other LHS does not carry it. But as for other places to get it you can get some fuel's off of Tower's I believe, but if you get more then 4 gallons I believe it is then you have to pay hazerdous material's charge.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use Duratrax with no problems.