Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Nitrous Oxide Injection: Name help

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RE: RE: Nitrous Oxide Injection: Name help

ORIGINAL: ko

they do a review and testing in the new march 04 issue of xtreme rc...
Yep. Xtreme RC had a problems with blowing out glow plugs when they hit the nos. Aparently, they were giving too much Nitrous. They ended up using the TX somehow to feather in the mix. JAGRC claims that the amount of Nitrous with each shot can be adjusted. Instructions how to do so, however, would have been a nice touch. If he'd get back on Instant Messanger, I could ask JAGRC how to adjust it before my friends runs the Dyno tests. LOL

-RobH
Old 05-27-2005, 10:06 PM

Default RE: Nitrous Oxide Injection: Name help

i thik its pointless. you say it will take away heat, i say BS. have you ever really run nitrous? i would liek to see it work in person. I have run nitrous oxide on a few of my cars and it increases heat big time. in my rx-7 exhaust gas temps where 700 hotter with nitrous oxide than without, same thing with other cars, 400-650 degree hotter. And then you have to worry about your tank getting lower, as your tank gets lower your mixute leans out, that will really melt your piston. will your "kit" offer a warrenty? because im sure everyone who buys it will melt there engine. another thing, ive seen a few vids or your "testing" and it jsut looks like you have an aircompressor hooked up and jsut blowing air into the crankcase. whats teh air compressor for? I think its a BS gimmick just like the 2 stroke supercharger from RB innovations. what bull. while your at it id like to see a turbocharger and a 2 inch exhaust tip for our vehicles. if i want more power ill buy a bigger engine, if i want to get a few tanks out of my engine and waste money i could use to buy a better bigger engien ill buy your "kit"
Old 09-17-2005, 02:18 PM

Is this thread dead? Oh well I'll reply anyway. Just as was stated earlier the nitrogen released by the "burning" of N2O absorbs heat in the combustion chamber and helps remove heat from the engine, so your exhaust being hotter is evidence of this, not proof that it's running hotter. However you're not completely wrong because the engine does actually run hotter due to the fact that more oxygen and fuel is being combusted. The separation of nitrogen from oxygen in this process does absorb some heat, but is far outweighed by the additional heat created. I also agree that this product is BS, anyone who is foolish enough to nitrous an engine this small is asking for trouble because there is no way to properly meter the amount of N2O entering the engine. By the way, there is a difference between medical grade N2O and industrial, N2O is a poison, so medical grade N2O contains somewhere around 70% oxygen and 30% N2O in the bottle, wheras industrial N2O is almoast entirely N2O. Anyone stupid enough to inhale pure nitrous shouldn't be near an engine in the first place.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:20 AM

Nitros oxide doe swork in RC cars. It has been tested by some magazines and they say it works well, but is Very $$$ (200)
Old 09-19-2005, 12:14 PM

I wasn't saying it didn't, what I was saying is that this paticular system was dangerous for RC engines, and that putting nitrous oxide on an engine this size (nomatter who designed it) is dangerous because it's very hard to meter such a small amount of nitrous. I'm also aware I used the wrong abbreviation for nitrous, I realized that after I sent the post.