Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

crazy luck today

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 01:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crazy luck today

Today I figured I'd nock the dust off the GS truggy and bash a bit. I have a ramp that is 2 5x3 foot sheets of aluminum leaning againsed a low fence that I ramp around at. After hitting it slow for the first few jumps to get the feel again, I decided to realy hammer it hard. I got a good start at 1/2 throttle, then I hit the ramp and my throttle linkage poped off the carb. So it's 8 feet in the air and I nolonger have control of the throttle. Then as I saw it leave the ramp it was flipping backwards and very slow rotation. It ended up doing a perfect backflip on it's own. Landed perfect on all for wheels, never seen a cleaner flip. Then when it landed, the carb closed up and the truck was ideling on the ground instead of haulin a--. If it would have kept going, it would have been greeted by a log fence or my dads trailer at half throttle. Or if it would have flipped slower or faster, my brand new body, suspension arms/mnts, and many other chassis parts would have been history. This is prolly nothing new to you guys but this is my first flip experience. And the fact it did it all by it's self without tearing itself up or having a runaway was just crazy to me. Just figured I would tell you guys about my fist bit of good luck with my rc's.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: crazy luck today

HAPPY B-DAY
Old 04-11-2007, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: crazy luck today

Buy a Power-Ball ticket.