Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Beginers Nitro car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beginers Nitro car?

Hey im new to all this can someone show me a good affordable nitro car, and wear to get it, bearing in mind im in the uk.

Information greatly appreciated.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Beginers Nitro car?

browse around on www.apexmodels.co.uk and then post here what you find interesting. There are many good ones. What's the budget? Define affordable...
Old 08-18-2007, 01:46 PM

£200 MAX ($400)
Old 08-18-2007, 01:51 PM

[link=http://www.apexmodels.co.uk/product-search.php?call=moreinfo&man=3&cat=kits&id=565]Link[/link]
I like this even though its over budget
Old 08-18-2007, 02:06 PM

Excellent choice. Well worth the money. Are you sure you want on-road though? Off road is much more versatile. I race on-road, it's great, but I also have off road cars, and right now, in my opinion, the truggy is the ultimate RC vehicle. Gonna need 300 quid for one though.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:14 PM

I think if it were me I would get a truggy/Mt it would be stronger and you would beable tohave those noob mistakes. Then if you are sure you want on road and have a good place too race/drive it, by all means go for it!

Andrew
Old 08-18-2007, 04:06 PM

Hey..

i was faced with the same question a few weeks back..

I was given a website by my friend called www.modelsport.co.uk

I chose the HPI Firestorm with 2 sets of fuel, glow plug and charger, tools for it, ail filter oil, after run oil and a failsafe all for £220 with free postage. I ordered it on wednesday and it came thursday [X(] Bearing in mind that the website is based in West Yorkshire and i live in Essex.

I suggest the HPI firestorm which can be found here>>>>>> http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFun...=1#SeeProducts

Great car...easy to start every time and im a beginer at nitro as well

My thoughts to you [8D]
Old 08-18-2007, 04:24 PM

well first of all theirs two types on road and off road cars... so wee gotta know do u want on road or off road cars?

well if u want a good fun stadium truck id say go for the traxxas jato 2.5 its fun and u can put alot hop ups (modifications) theese cars run number 1 and are good for some jumps

if u want to have fun with it all u need is upto 300$ max for a ready to run used...
Old 08-18-2007, 04:37 PM

Personally I wouldn't recommend a Jato or a Firestorm. But that's just me. If you want a 2wd Stadium Truck, then you must be racing, and if you're racing, you don't want either of those two. Plus they aren't very versatile off roaders, they are what they are and they do what they do quite well, I can't take anything away from them for that, they're just cheap 2wd buggies that go quite fast. In my opinion, it's better to save more money and get a better vehicle from the start, and 4wd. Also, NEVER buy used RC unless you know its history personally (ie off a racer at the same track as you, etc. etc.).

ModelSport's a good cheap site though, Timons, seriously consider this... http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFun...n&ItemID=23816 It's one of the best deals on the market right now.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:47 PM

or a GT2