Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

team losi xxx s questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default team losi xxx s questions

I have just purchased a team losi xxx s and on about the 6th day I bought another batt, this batt worked for about 4 min, then quit, it wont take a charge or anything, also my other batt got extremely hot when I was done running it, it had melted the plastic around it and didn't look good, any Ideas on the problem would be great! other than that it seems to be a great car, I was also wondering about upgrading to brushless, any Ideas or tips would be useful
Old 09-11-2007, 10:36 PM

Default RE: team losi xxx s questions

also any handling tips would be great, please help!
Old 09-12-2007, 01:33 AM
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Usually, when a battery gets really hot when discharging it's because you're pulling too much current out of it.
It sounds like the motor is geared too high...try going to a smaller pinion...try a couple-three teeth smaller and see what happens.

My XXX-S handles quite well...I just set-it up (camber/caster/toe ) similar to the stock settings in the manual...(did you get a manual? Buy it new or used? )

1-2 degrees neg. camber with 1 deg toe out in front, and stock set-up in rear. (I didn't change the caster )

The only brushless experience I have is installing a Novak Velociti 4.5 system in a TC4...
That thing is fast![8D]
I did it for a guy who brought it in to the LHS, where I do some part-time repair work...
It also has the FMA 2 cell Li-Poly "Scorpion" battery/charger system.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:49 PM

I bought it used and never got a manual, the previous owner had it for 3 day's and decided it was too fast for him. where do you think I may be able to get another manual? any ideas? also I have mine set up farely well but I was wondering how you are measuring the camber and toe? I have just tuned mine based upon tire wear and observing. as of now I am still getting too much oversteer for my liking and was wondering if there was a front sway bar, or something similar? thanks for responding!