Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC10GT Pull Start??????

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 03:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC10GT Pull Start??????

Ok, I just got an RC10GT used for payment of a debt and realized that I know nothing about it. It has a junk motor on it from about 10 years ago. It is the old style, black tub chassis. What do I need to do to this thing to be able to put a pull start motor on it and save the money of buying a start box. (everything else I have is Traxxas)
Old 04-10-2003, 03:54 AM
My Feedback: (2)

first you gotta find out what motor is on it.

is it the original motor or a replacement?
Old 04-10-2003, 03:58 AM

I want a new pullstart motor and am just going to junk the old one. I just need to know what to do to the chassis because I have been told that you just cant bolt in a pullstart motor with the same mounts... etc...
Old 04-10-2003, 04:08 AM

ignore this
Old 04-10-2003, 05:57 AM

Ignore what Kyle?

I don't know much about the tub-chassis GT, but with the newer style chassis, the motor mounts are different from pull-start to non-PS. Not any big deal though, go to the associated website and see of you can get an exploded view of your truck and look for the part number of the non-ps engine mount, and then pick it up online or at your local hobby shop.

As far as engines goes, everyone seems to love the Fantoms, and I'm about due for a new motor in my RC10GT, so I've been reading up on them and they look pretty good. And cheap (for the performance). You can always go with an OS .12 CVRX, thats a well known, good solid pullstart engine, and legal to race if you want to get into racing.
Old 04-10-2003, 04:23 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default Pullstart

Pullstart = Pain Agony and Frustration.

Startebox= Engine Starts.

Nuff said

Dbow
Old 04-11-2003, 05:42 AM

Pullstart = less bulky, heavy crap to lug around and lower cost.

Except for one engine that was toast, all of my pullstart motors have started in less than 3 pulls. Most start on the 1st pull every time. Its all a matter of tuning.

There is a small performance loss due to a higher rotating mass and more friction against the crank, but I still think that being a better driver will always make a bigger difference than power gains from a non-pullstart.
Old 04-11-2003, 07:05 PM

when it comes down to it, I have all pull starts, or god help me easy starts now, and would hate to have to lug around a bunch of extra crap for one car. I don't race the GT so a .000001 horsepower loss doesn't matter to me. The tubs were never available from AE with a pull start option were they? I think if I put a start box flywheel and a pipe that will clear the starter on it it will work. The main problem from what I can tell is the pull start flywheels hit the frame without a taller engine mount, however AE pull start mounts won't fit into the tub. We'll give it a shot and see what comes out.