Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Unlimited Budget - RS4 sport 2 Project >

Unlimited Budget - RS4 sport 2 Project

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Unlimited Budget - RS4 sport 2 Project

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unlimited Budget - RS4 sport 2 Project

Fellow hobbiests,

I need some assistance with my new rs4 sport2 kit I just bought. Im a former nitro fanatic and belong to a big group of friends that would only run nitro. I own a TG10-prokit/Novarossi -- I plan to try a new venture. Prove that a carefully tuned electro car could beat a tuned nitro.

I have done some quick reading about electro cars but there are still alot to acquire. My plan is to go with a 6 turn/single motor and set up a robust electrical system foundation. What I would need to know is what type of ESC could handle a 6 turn motor that could (either/or) also have a reverse feature. Also, what would be the best set of cells to use and gearing ratio for this type of set up? I need a drag race setup and also a touring set up.

Budget is not an issue. I would need some options I could play with that has been tested.

As soon as im done with my project, I'll let you guys know the outcome.

Thanks--
Old 04-11-2003, 09:06 AM
My Feedback: (1)

if you wanna kick ass, go brushless.
I've always believed a 1:10 electric car will always beat a 1:10 IC, on the track, just the IC lasts longer
Old 04-11-2003, 02:00 PM

Default Thanks

Actually Im not really familiar with the lingo... could you explain it to me in detail. Also, is a single motor faster than a triple motor electric? should i go with a 6T motor? and what esc works well with it?
Old 04-11-2003, 04:04 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Brushless motors are just that, they use pulsing magnetic fields around the can to spin the armature. They have far more power and speed than normal motors, but are also move efficicent too.
The cost is obvisiouly higher.
These are quite new but goto http://www.rumrunnerhobbies.com/default2.htm and you'll find videos of cars with simple basic burshless motors. this is how to smoke anyone!
as for the winds... the fewer winds the faster the motor, same for a single VS a tripple, however, current draw also gos way up and some hot motors are too hot for that car and just wont work