Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

I Need Help Deciding On A Rc Car!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 03:13 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Need Help Deciding On A Rc Car!!

Hey, my name is Raffi. I am not new into RC. i am very experienced. i have an off road car now, but there are not very much hop up parts available. so i am looking into getting an on road touring car. I want one that is shaft driven, more than one speed, unless it is already very fast. but i am thinking of the Schumacher fusion. it has one belt, but I'm skeptical since belts are not that good, even though it only has one belt. but any suggestions will be good. and hopefully the car that you suggest offers many after market hop ups. such as like all aluminum parts or something. plz help.
Old 04-18-2003, 03:18 AM

It sounds like you want a basher, if you do I'd say HPI RS4 3 Type SS.
Old 04-18-2003, 03:52 AM
My Feedback: (13)

Originally posted by KyleSch
It sounds like you want a basher, if you do I'd say HPI RS4 3 Type SS.
agreed. Schumacher would totally be somethign you are NOT looking for. go with the HPI if you want lots of cool lookin hop ups.
Old 04-18-2003, 04:01 AM

ok whats ur beef with belts? Many cars have belts and they are great. My yokomo GT-4 has a triple belt drive and it works GREAT. Mine has never caused me any problems. It goes extremely fast also. Dont base ur decision just because a car has belt drive, because it isnt all bad.
Old 04-18-2003, 04:04 AM

If your looking to bash, shafts are alot better as they require no maintanence and if your bashing your likely to be running on un-swept streets with pebbles on them and you can't run a belt car in that.
Old 04-18-2003, 04:21 AM

Originally posted by 987982
ok whats ur beef with belts? Many cars have belts and they are great. My yokomo GT-4 has a triple belt drive and it works GREAT. Mine has never caused me any problems. It goes extremely fast also. Dont base ur decision just because a car has belt drive, because it isnt all bad.
dont jump on the guy jus cuz he doesnt want to maintain them! I'm definately going to hate changing my belt the first time it breaks on my new car... arg!! haha anyways shaft is alot better for what he is going to be doing. Theo nly real shaft driven nitro though are the Smarttech's and NTC3s that I know of first hand.
Old 04-18-2003, 04:51 AM

hey, im not inexperienced, i know what im doing. i just have read alot the "bealts suck", i have no experience on belts so i can just base my decision on you guys. the only reason i was deciding not to get the rs4 3 type ss is cause i read a review that said it will only go about 47 mph. but it is true that shaft is alot better... what about the tc3 and other things?
Old 04-18-2003, 04:55 AM

Shaft is usually NOT better, Team Associated jus happened to figure out a way to master it.. jus a trick they obviously learned to do right belts are a better choice overall.
Old 04-18-2003, 04:57 AM

ok, well lets get back to what car is best, i dont plan on racing, just a basher. btw.. if any of you have a aim sn then give it to me, and it would be much faster then these forums. thx )
Old 04-18-2003, 05:01 AM

Ill be around for a little while you can IM me Kyle111381

Casey, shafts are better for bashing, thats pretty much a fact and I think anyone will agree with me, that if you just wanna go out on a weekend and run your car in the parking lots belts can cause more trouble than the advantage they give you.
Old 04-18-2003, 05:15 AM

Ill be around for a little while you can IM me Kyle111381

Casey, shafts are better for bashing, thats pretty much a fact and I think anyone will agree with me, that if you just wanna go out on a weekend and run your car in the parking lots belts can cause more trouble than the advantage they give you.
nono i totally agree I'm jus saying most companies dont know how to make the shaft properly anyways, if you want to IM me also mine is AFCaseyDDR. I'm probably on to much. Anyways Kyle bout the blets, there are lots of smooth as ice empty parking lots here, so belts are fine for me ^_^
Old 04-18-2003, 05:34 AM

I've done the belt thing and hated it. I spend far more time running around my cones in the parking lot than I do on a prepped track. I've had a TC3, and now I run an RS4 SS. Between the two is a tough call, they are both shaft-drive (albeit very different systems), they can both be as fast as you want them to be (its all in the engine and gearing) and they both have a ton of hop-ups.
Old 04-18-2003, 01:20 PM

i run a yok gt-4 and my wife has the hb tornado. both belt drive and never had a problem. did get a stone stuck in them both once, but it was not a big deal. just dislodged the stone and kept goin. for the price i would get the hb. it is quick, and supposed to be comin out with lots of hopups. my yok on the other hand is a little more, but definitely quicker than a stock ss. that's my $.02 . not trashin any car, but i wouldn't rule belts out.
Old 04-18-2003, 04:44 PM

ok, i have narrowed it down to the..

nitro tc3
hpi rs4 3 type ss
schumacher fusion.

help me decide.
thx =)
Old 04-18-2003, 04:57 PM

With those three choices you gave, NTC3 is my recommendation.

Go to Colma Bart Station (since you are in San Mateo) on the weekends. There are guys who setup a track and run-for-fun. Check their cars out and you decide.

Also, go to Talbott's hobbies (off 2d street) in San Mateo. You can also cross San Mateo bridge to Hobbytown in Newark. They have club races there this Saturday (4/19).

Belts are not really that bad for parking lot. I am speaking from experience, as well as everybody. It is an opinion that belts are not good for parking lot and shafts are better.

If you guys are saying that shafts are better for parking lot, does that mean that NTC3, RS4-3, and other shaft driven and marketed towards bashing only? Not so. To me, there are only two on-road TC qualifications, bashing and racing. Thats just my opinion though.
Old 04-18-2003, 05:01 PM

hey dg2b, do u live here also..?? and i cant make it this saterday, but dont they have them every saterday from like 6 to 10?
Old 04-18-2003, 05:01 PM

The fusion would be a GREAT parking lot basher....but it might not be easy to find parts for....I would look around and know where you are going to get replacement parts if you are eyeballin the shumacher... AIM- hoodiegadoo
Old 04-18-2003, 05:02 PM

No, shaft doesn't mean worse on a racetrack, it just means better for a sandy parking lot.
Old 04-18-2003, 05:07 PM

No, shaft doesn't mean worse on a racetrack, it just means better for a sandy parking lot.
Why then that companies don't make all their cars shaft driven. Is it because racers (bashers or club) can't gear their cars properly? Gearing does not stop at the clutch bell (pinion) and spur. You can make a car overdrive/underdrive by changing other gears. If shaft driven, you can't.

I do over/under gear my car depending on the situation.
Old 04-18-2003, 05:10 PM

Originally posted by GeorgeKelp
hey dg2b, do u live here also..?? and i cant make it this saterday, but dont they have them every saterday from like 6 to 10?
I'm in San Jose. I believe Colma guys starts gathering at around 4PM on Saturdays and goes to whenever (midnight?). You should go there and even ask some guys their opinion. Some guys will let you drive their car.

If you want, keep in touch and I will let you know when I go there. I will let you drive my car for a full tank.

If you have the time, I should be in the races this Saturday (Rams Santa Clara) and Sunday (LeMans Fremont)
Old 04-18-2003, 05:13 PM

Your kinda contradicting yourself...
Old 04-18-2003, 05:14 PM

i cant make it this week end but thanks for the offer... i live in foaster city.. if u know where that is
Old 04-18-2003, 05:14 PM

Your kinda contradicting yourself...
On what?
Old 04-18-2003, 05:16 PM

Originally posted by GeorgeKelp
i cant make it this week end but thanks for the offer... i live in foaster city.. if u know where that is
Yes, I do. HWY 92.
Old 04-18-2003, 05:17 PM

First your saying that shafts can be good for racing, and then the next post you make you say they aren't (or that belts are better because you can adjust gear ratio's further).

Maybe I misunderstood.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.