Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Dream Machine!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dream Machine!!!

ORIGINAL: MadManAndrew

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

LOL, yeah!

Actually, my dream machine would be a 5TH SCLAE GASSER SAVAGE!!!!!!!

Get on the ball, HPI! You have the Baja 5B and 5T, time to get on the ball ane make a 5th scale gasser Savage with TVP, multispeed tranny (2speed is good enough for me) Shaft driven, 4WD, 4wheel disc brakes, each brake dist at each wheel, and a reverse module that does not suck. The TVPs would be way tough, 6061 treated to Tx, each plate 4mm thick (Overkill, but in the spirit of Savage toughness).

The tranny casing enclsing the all-steel 2speed gearset is 7075 T6 alum, there are absolutely NO cast gears on this savage, only high carbon steel machined gears througout the entire RC. The tranny case should also come with a center diff, alum housing, and locking capability that can be activated by remote for either all 4wheel gripping acceleration or locked for hard wheelies. The front of rear wheels whould also have alum hosing diffs, and are locking on power much like how Losi smart diffs lock and unlock when off power. The outer bevel gears would be high carbon steel machined and helical cut bevel and pinion gears.

The engine would be a total kick-ass engine, actually, one that does not exist yet, say an inline 2cylinder 32cc gasser with seperat crankcase volumes for each cylinder, and includes a reed mod and expanding champer pipes, one for each cylinder, or a unified pipe with two separate expanding chambers, one chamber for each cylinder. This engine would be mounted longitudinally, so the only transverse power translation at 90degrees would occur at the front and read diffs.

The drive shafts would be universal (U-joints). The driveshafts to the wheels from the front and rear diffs would be ball CVDs, screw dogbones.

The steering would be controlled by dual 5th scale servos, the steering and brakes would be handled by 2 servos as well, the rear brakes and throtte handled by one servo, and the forward bakes handled by another seperate servo. 5 servos would be on this RC, 2 for steeing, 2 for brake (one of which also handles throttle), and one to actuate the center diff locking mechanism.

The radio for this RC does not exist either, but it would be a traditional pistol and wheel radio but it would be no less than 6 channels. 1 channel for steeing, 2 channels for throttle and braks (2 channels needed for front vs rear brake mixing), 1 channel for actuating the locking of the center diff, 1 channel for a remote kill switch to turn off the engine, and the last channel to turn on and off the cosmetic accessories on the RC (i.e. head lights, etc.)
Ya, keep dreamin, I'm going to email thier design team a link to this post...
Hey, just got an E-MAil back from a guy on thier support team, he siad he forwarded my email to thier R&D team and he'd email me back the what they tell him. HEre's the email:

Hello Andrew:

This sounds like an awesome machine. I will forward this to our R&D team. I would like something like this as well so we will see what we can push to them. You never know what they have in store; they are always coming up with new stuff. I don’t really get to see what is coming down the pipe so we will just have to wait to see what comes up and hope we get our wish.

Michael | Customer Service
(:: PH 949.753.1099 x505/ FX. 949.753.1098

Toll Free: 1-888-349-4474
*:: 70 Icon, Foothill Ranch, CA, USA 92610

HPI Racing / Hot Bodies / 456MB / HPI Diecast

Sent: Saturday, February 07, 2009 10:46 PM
To: Support
Subject: Support request for Customer Service from

Support e-mail for Customer Service
has sent the following request for support.

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=8451316[/link]

HPI, everyone"s been asking,so, where is it?

Thank you,
HPI Racing | Support Automation

Old 02-11-2009, 09:33 PM

COOL!!!!! Maybe I'll wait to see if this is a pipe dream or not before I buy an 1/8 scale Savage. Or maybe i should buy both.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:45 PM

Whoa! They actually responded???!!!! And moreover, he forwarded my dream Savage to the R&D guys!!!!!!!

I tell you wht, if a 4WD 5th scale TVP shaft driven Savage ever comes to the market, I dont care if it will cost $2000! I will snap one up in an instant!

And with all the hop-ups that are abvailable for Baja 5B and 5T form all sorts of aftermarket guys, I know I can turn this puppy into a 4wheel disc! And if it is only single speed, I will mod an FG 2speed to mount into this bad boy!

I doubt that all the other stuff I was wishing for will be possible at all, but hey, a 5th scale TVP gasser Savage? How can you go wrong?
Old 02-11-2009, 11:03 PM

That is sooo cool!!
Old 02-12-2009, 09:17 PM
My Feedback: (9)

my dream r.c is a 1/4 scale corvette z06 with a conly v8[sm=teeth_smile.gif]
Old 02-12-2009, 09:37 PM

That would be nice...but for the cost of a model Conley V8 engine, well more than $5K USD, that is almost half of the cost of a crate LS7 crate engine!
http://azspeed.stores.yahoo.net/ls7crateengine.html

I dont know how much the cost of the rest of a 4th scale Z06 would cost, but considering that a real '09 Z06 costs at least $75K USD, the 4th scale model better make up for the high price of the Conley by cheapness of the rest of the RC itself!
Old 02-12-2009, 10:20 PM
My Feedback: (9)

it would be realy exspinsive[]
Old 02-18-2009, 11:29 PM

Well I'm gonna do it! I'm gonna start project Frankenstein. I call it TTR EB4 S3-1
It's gonna be a monster buggy.
Features: wider stance
longer wheelbase
more suspension travel
faster Gear ratios
and my prototype looks awesome (intimidating)
As far as I can see I'll only be missing a cvd so I'm gonna order a set.
So here's the breakdown
S3 parts include Shock towers, front rear and center diffs, wheels, tires, body, steering links,bumper.
ST-1 parts include shocks, tables, turnbuckles, cvd shafts, battery box, fuel tank.
The only thing left to decide is which chassis. I have an ST-1 stocker, or an S3 delta chassis. Using the S3 would make it easier to fit the body, but the ST-1 chassis would give me about 1 inch longer wheelbase, not to mention easier to work on.
No pics yet but soon yhough I hope.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:23 AM

A true to scale 1/4 scale Max-D or Grave Digger, with a working 4 Cycle V8 in it.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:04 PM

i want a 1/5 scale Tamiya Lunchbox (with 4wd)
Old 02-19-2009, 01:02 PM

well i would start with this
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXUYD6**&P=ML
two of these
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=SM&I=LXVHA5
one of these
http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...od=GMX07-CH-CF
one of these
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXSUC6&P=7
dont forget this
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTVH9&P=7
two pairs of these
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=SM&I=LXNKS3
two pairs of these
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXM875&P=SM
and to finish i would require 4 of these
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWNM9&P=7
now keep in mind that this thing is going to destroy driveline parts. with that being said, if i had the money to put this together i would also have the money to order one off titanium gears and shafts lol.
so what do you guys think? would it be fast on the track or just uncontrollable? im hoping it would be a nice mix of both.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51482.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	1139669   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54102.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	1139670   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr39661.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	1139671   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lf94880.jpg
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	1139672   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wh57535.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	1139673   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qg63548.jpg
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	1139674   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vx44726.jpg
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	1139675  
Old 02-20-2009, 09:00 PM

Here's a pic of my prototype EB4 S3-1 next to my S3. this is just a mock up, and will not be exactly the same as seen here. but close. I described it a few posts ago. Ill try to keep you posted with pics as I progress. I already ran into some probs, but I'm workin em out. Had to cut into the S3 fr shock tower so the front ST-1 suspension would fit. and I also had to modify the front body mount since the front brace on the ST-1 uses the same hole. The diffs have been swapped, they are now S3's to correct the gear ratio for the smaller tires.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53508.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	248.7 KB
ID:	1140755   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gc91098.jpg
Size:	264.6 KB
ID:	1140756  
Old 02-21-2009, 12:30 PM

I'd be happy with either a NIB Inferno ST (early 90's, not the new one) or a nice, complete Datsun .10 4X4.