Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Dream Machine!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dream Machine!!!

Ok here’s your chance to create your DREAM MACHINE!!!,
All you have to do is tell everyone what you would use to build the most outrageous, baddest, fastest, best handling, machine ever to grace God’s green Earth.
Try to use your imaginations to come up with something off the wall, or something that can’t be beat at the track, or maybe something that is indestructible for bashing.
Money is no object here people, the sky is the limit, let’s have fun with it, and take a break from all the seriousness.
Who knows, maybe a great idea or two will sprout from our efforts.
Use brand names of chassis’, engines, (nitro or electric), servos, suspension, even paint jobs, radios, receivers, tires wheels , fluids, even setups, etc. The more detail the better!
Try to think outside the box if you will. Come up with new ways to do things. Even if the applications don't work in practice, it's the theory that's important here today. Take your time and really think about it.
Let’s make this thread the talk of RCU.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54274.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	900405   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48613.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	900406  
Old 03-10-2008, 09:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Dream Machine!!!

It would involve a crawler like chassis (though with elements of an IS setup) with a CVT w/torqe converter - with computerized manual control via the transmitter, and brushless power system to allow for insane starting torque even at higher "gears". Basically something that can (without having to stop and be modified) go from a high speed off road racer to a decent rock crawler. I would want it to have a built in sensor package that records a good 24fps video to a flash device, which can be turned on and off from the transmitter like a remote digital camera.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:29 PM

Wow cool! That's exactly what I'm talking about!
Old 03-10-2008, 09:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some aluminum custom chassis
3 traxxas pede alloy shock towers
3 vxl systems
3 pede transmissions
3 sets of rpm arms
some moabs on 2.2 wheels (6 wheels)
some slidershafts (3 of em)
2 hi torque MG servos (like the hitec TG ones)
someway to make the front and rear set of wheels turn
a futaba 3pk with spektrum module
3 7.4v lipo batteries
a alloy rollcage
some links
a swami bar

i'd have the 3 trannys mount them so 1 in front 1 in mid 1 in rear if u havent gotten that yet
put a vxl in each then have the 3 esc's and get harnesses to use the spektrum rx
use the 3 lipo batts (1 for each esc) probably need a external BEC so a rx pack wud be good
then it riding on 2.2 wheels with moab rubber
alloy here and there
stock shocks would be fine then front and rear steering

oh ya!
a 6 wheel drive, 4 wheel steering, 3 motor brushless, 3 lipo KILLER
hahahahaa

must weigh aton
so lets make all the parts Carbon Fiber lol!

not rly realistic
it was based on one of the readers rides i saw in RCCA
a 6 wheeled custom truck
only had stock electronics and front steering i think and middle drive
Old 03-10-2008, 09:36 PM

Doesn't need to be realistic, just imaginative, good job!
Old 03-10-2008, 09:36 PM

They do that with MGT's!!! You could actually put a brushless motor on each diff and it's be just that!

A 6wd, 4 wheel steering beast!

[link=http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87629]This[/link] + [link=http://www.monstergt.com/articles/steering_4_wheel.php]this[/link] + [link=http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80134]this[/link] = BEAST!!!
Old 03-10-2008, 09:59 PM

I would take a TTR EB4 S3 delta box chassis for stiffness of course, and mount a set of wings on it so it would glide after hitting jumps, and would also land easier.
I would set it up with truggy suspension from TTR ST-1, to give it a wider stance, but would mount buggy wheels an tires, to get awesome takeoff.
It would require a killer mill, like a ninja .28, and the best servos, airtronics rock crushers.
Spektrum dx7 radio, so I could control the ailrons on the wings, and the remote adjustable suspension that goes from soft to stiff. Also it would control the brake bias via 2 small elec. motors that would adjust the gap between disc and rotor.
One other feature would be the traction control system that would engage automatically in slippery conditions, not to mention electronic brake equalization for straight predictable stops.
A free floating counter balance weight would be controlled by a gyro to prevent mid air roll-overs, and also keep it from flipping forwards or back.
Everything would be sealed and completly waterproof, and the added V-Hull and rear extendable prop, would also make it ready to race on water. the front wheels would retract to reduce drag in the water
Unfortunately, this thing would weigh about 150 lbs, and cost about 89,000.00 to build, if you do it yourself lol.
But it's my DREAM MACHINE!!
Old 03-11-2008, 03:10 AM

I want to put this motor in a 1/8 truggy. It's out of my p51 mustang. it's a 150 saito engine, wouldn't work and even if it did it would only have enough fuel for a few minutes. But it would be cool and super powerfull.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47228.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	900591  
Old 03-11-2008, 04:36 AM

Some custom 1/8 buggy that has two .21 engines. That would be fun to build, but I don't think it would have any performance advantages over a single engine.

DirtHead- I sent you a PM as it would be off topic here..
Old 03-11-2008, 08:06 AM

1/4 scale Monster Truck tube chassis with a 1/4 scale supercharged conley v8 engine in it....exhaust stacks out the side and up like an 18 wheeler.....full working LED lights including blinkers and clearance lights on top of cab. Custom airbrushed body. 3 speed tranny that requires manual shifting from the transmitter
Old 03-11-2008, 05:09 PM

ORIGINAL: RCCanuck

1/4 scale Monster Truck tube chassis with a 1/4 scale supercharged conley v8 engine in it....exhaust stacks out the side and up like an 18 wheeler.....full working LED lights including blinkers and clearance lights on top of cab. Custom airbrushed body. 3 speed tranny that requires manual shifting from the transmitter
Thats my dream truck....

1/4 scale semi style
V4 28cc gasoline motor, No Muffler,just mini glasspacks to give it a more realistic sound
4 speed manual trans w/ rev
5ch pistol grip
Ch1 & 2-THrottle and steering
Ch3-2 way swithc for trans-press up to go up gear press down for down,all the way down is reverse
ch4-led headlights on/off
ch5-add on
working brake lights
dual servo steering

Old 03-12-2008, 01:24 AM

ORIGINAL: MadManAndrew

ORIGINAL: RCCanuck

Thats my dream truck....

1/4 scale semi style
V4 28cc gasoline motor, No Muffler,just mini glasspacks to give it a more realistic sound
4 speed manual trans w/ rev
5ch pistol grip
Ch1 & 2-THrottle and steering
Ch3-2 way swithc for trans-press up to go up gear press down for down,all the way down is reverse
ch4-led headlights on/off
ch5-add on
working brake lights
dual servo steering

Aren't you gonna put a stereo in it lol
Old 03-12-2008, 03:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1/5 scale top fuel dragster.
Everysingle thing that Tony Schumacher has on his cars will be the same on mine, just 1/5 of the size. The motor will run on the same fuel, trans break is easily used from the radio and so is the clutch.
0-60 in 1.4 seconds.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ideally, a 1/4 scale Lamborghini Murcielago RGT, carbon body, with a blown conley v8, working doors, hood, tailgate/engine cover, lights. Yeh, that'd do. I may one day make it happen.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Ideally, a 1/4 scale Lamborghini Murcielago RGT, carbon body, with a blown conley v8, working doors, hood, tailgate/engine cover, lights. Yeh, that'd do. I may one day make it happen.
I believe it, with all of the green you spend on this stuff!

For me, it would have to be as much a scale-looking machine as possible, probably 1/4 scale also, but with a diesel V8 and a manual trans that could be shifted from the radio (like RCCanuck mentioned). Maybe an older Pete 379 tractor with a car-hauler for all of my non-running trucks [&:]
Old 03-12-2008, 07:41 PM

cool! keep em coming people!
Old 03-13-2008, 04:58 PM

Not too many details at the moment but off the top of my head would be a 1/4 scale jet powered drag semi.
Maybe 3k lbs of thrust would do it?????
Old 02-08-2009, 12:25 AM

looks like the dream died[&o]
Old 02-08-2009, 12:41 AM

Yeah, alomost a year later.

An innovation I want to see is multi-cilinder nitro to keep pace with brushless lipo.
Actually, I want to see nitro go away and a cheaper fuel closer to gasolines replace nitro. Gasolines are better on the engine, last much longer on a tank of feul, and the engine does not need to be rebuilt. Though they will be much slower tunring than nitro, go multi-cylinder and gear way way way high to make up fro lack of RPM and to tame the massive torque.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:49 AM

Cool I like that, maybe someone will make it. Look at snowmobiles and racing dirt bikes, they're all running 4 strokes now when not that long ago people said it couldn't be done.

Hmmmm V-Twin nitro, or better yet micro V-8 that runs on hydrogen!
Old 02-08-2009, 12:50 AM

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Yeah, alomost a year later.

An innovation I want to see is multi-cilinder nitro to keep pace with brushless lipo.
Like [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=8259774]I was talkin' about building[/link] a couple months ago?
Old 02-08-2009, 01:15 AM

LOL, yeah!

Actually, my dream machine would be a 5TH SCLAE GASSER SAVAGE!!!!!!!

Get on the ball, HPI! You have the Baja 5B and 5T, time to get on the ball ane make a 5th scale gasser Savage with TVP, multispeed tranny (2speed is good enough for me) Shaft driven, 4WD, 4wheel disc brakes, each brake dist at each wheel, and a reverse module that does not suck. The TVPs would be way tough, 6061 treated to Tx, each plate 4mm thick (Overkill, but in the spirit of Savage toughness).

The tranny casing enclsing the all-steel 2speed gearset is 7075 T6 alum, there are absolutely NO cast gears on this savage, only high carbon steel machined gears througout the entire RC. The tranny case should also come with a center diff, alum housing, and locking capability that can be activated by remote for either all 4wheel gripping acceleration or locked for hard wheelies. The front of rear wheels whould also have alum hosing diffs, and are locking on power much like how Losi smart diffs lock and unlock when off power. The outer bevel gears would be high carbon steel machined and helical cut bevel and pinion gears.

The engine would be a total kick-ass engine, actually, one that does not exist yet, say an inline 2cylinder 32cc gasser with seperat crankcase volumes for each cylinder, and includes a reed mod and expanding champer pipes, one for each cylinder, or a unified pipe with two separate expanding chambers, one chamber for each cylinder. This engine would be mounted longitudinally, so the only transverse power translation at 90degrees would occur at the front and read diffs.

The drive shafts would be universal (U-joints). The driveshafts to the wheels from the front and rear diffs would be ball CVDs, screw dogbones.

The steering would be controlled by dual 5th scale servos, the steering and brakes would be handled by 2 servos as well, the rear brakes and throtte handled by one servo, and the forward bakes handled by another seperate servo. 5 servos would be on this RC, 2 for steeing, 2 for brake (one of which also handles throttle), and one to actuate the center diff locking mechanism.

The radio for this RC does not exist either, but it would be a traditional pistol and wheel radio but it would be no less than 6 channels. 1 channel for steeing, 2 channels for throttle and braks (2 channels needed for front vs rear brake mixing), 1 channel for actuating the locking of the center diff, 1 channel for a remote kill switch to turn off the engine, and the last channel to turn on and off the cosmetic accessories on the RC (i.e. head lights, etc.)
Old 02-08-2009, 01:42 AM

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

LOL, yeah!

Actually, my dream machine would be a 5TH SCLAE GASSER SAVAGE!!!!!!!

Get on the ball, HPI! You have the Baja 5B and 5T, time to get on the ball ane make a 5th scale gasser Savage with TVP, multispeed tranny (2speed is good enough for me) Shaft driven, 4WD, 4wheel disc brakes, each brake dist at each wheel, and a reverse module that does not suck. The TVPs would be way tough, 6061 treated to Tx, each plate 4mm thick (Overkill, but in the spirit of Savage toughness).

The tranny casing enclsing the all-steel 2speed gearset is 7075 T6 alum, there are absolutely NO cast gears on this savage, only high carbon steel machined gears througout the entire RC. The tranny case should also come with a center diff, alum housing, and locking capability that can be activated by remote for either all 4wheel gripping acceleration or locked for hard wheelies. The front of rear wheels whould also have alum hosing diffs, and are locking on power much like how Losi smart diffs lock and unlock when off power. The outer bevel gears would be high carbon steel machined and helical cut bevel and pinion gears.

The engine would be a total kick-ass engine, actually, one that does not exist yet, say an inline 2cylinder 32cc gasser with seperat crankcase volumes for each cylinder, and includes a reed mod and expanding champer pipes, one for each cylinder, or a unified pipe with two separate expanding chambers, one chamber for each cylinder. This engine would be mounted longitudinally, so the only transverse power translation at 90degrees would occur at the front and read diffs.

The drive shafts would be universal (U-joints). The driveshafts to the wheels from the front and rear diffs would be ball CVDs, screw dogbones.

The steering would be controlled by dual 5th scale servos, the steering and brakes would be handled by 2 servos as well, the rear brakes and throtte handled by one servo, and the forward bakes handled by another seperate servo. 5 servos would be on this RC, 2 for steeing, 2 for brake (one of which also handles throttle), and one to actuate the center diff locking mechanism.

The radio for this RC does not exist either, but it would be a traditional pistol and wheel radio but it would be no less than 6 channels. 1 channel for steeing, 2 channels for throttle and braks (2 channels needed for front vs rear brake mixing), 1 channel for actuating the locking of the center diff, 1 channel for a remote kill switch to turn off the engine, and the last channel to turn on and off the cosmetic accessories on the RC (i.e. head lights, etc.)
Ya, keep dreamin, I'm going to email thier design team a link to this post...
Old 02-08-2009, 08:13 AM

lol
Old 02-08-2009, 10:19 AM
My Feedback: (8)

I would want a twin engine 1/5 monster.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.