Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

need help deciding..

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help deciding..

Hi to all!

Im new here and new to off road nitro RC.. Im planning to buy my very first nitro RTR and
I can't decide between HPI Firestorm, MT2 G3.0 and Lightning GT10.. Can you guys give
some inputs on what you think is the best newbie RTR..

Thanks so much in advance!
Old 04-18-2008, 07:53 AM

Default RE: need help deciding..

i have a hpi firestorm an i think it is a grate truck.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:15 AM

i would go with the mt2 because 4wd is just so much easier to control than 2wd![)]
Old 04-19-2008, 10:52 AM

i would have to say the mt2 the firestorm isint that great i have one know and theres nothing to uprgrade on it u will get bored of it in say a 2 weeks so id say get the mt2 itll be so much better
Old 01-11-2009, 03:19 AM

I'm with you,GreenMutt. I was also ripped off by BananaHobby.com. Unlike you, I did not receive any defective parts. My story is as follows:

I checked out numerous websites, trying to find the most affordable gas-powered R/C vehicle I wanted, and found that Banana Hobby offered the better deal. I decided to make the purchase when I saw on their site that they ship orders within 1-3 days. I placed the order on a Saturday night, so I expected to receive my toy no later than wednesday of the following week.

After I placed my order, I had a question about whether I needed to buy additional parts and accessories. However, when I tried calling, there was no answer. I called later and I heard a busy dial tone. I called again, and again there was no answer. I spent all day calling and calling... all to no avail. I even tried their Online Live Support.

Needless to say, at this point, I'm getting very impatient and worried at the same time. The money was retrieved from my bank account in no time at all, but the status of my order was not updated for a couple of days. During this time, still no luck contacting Banana Hobby. I checked the status of my order on Wednesday, a day after I was expecting my toy, and found a tracking number, FINALLY! So then I went to the UPS website and entered my tracking number for a more detailed status. All it said was "Billing information received." I called UPS and they said that what this means is that the shipper, in this case Banana Hobby, had sent the information, but not the package. They also suggested contacting "the shipper" to find out what's going on. When they said that, I thought: If only you knew... At any rate, I gave it another day, then checked the tracking number's status only to find that it had not been updated.

At this point I'm thinking that it would have been better to spend more money either at another website or at a local store. This way, I would have already had my toy instead of waiting for someone to pick up the phone.....
Anyway............During the time that I was waiting for my product to arrive, I was inpatient to start playing with it, ancious to see it, to touch it and drool over the tricks and speed that the product I had order could have performed.

I decided to contact my bank and file a credit dispute then proceeded to file a complaint against BananaHobby.com on the
Better Business Bureau's website.

As if this weren't enough, BananaHobby.com advertizes that all their products are manufactured by "Blitz R/C Works." You know what I say to that? I say: Blitz R/C Works... yeah right. That factory doesn't even exist. So, where does Blitz R/C Works come from? From Banana Hobby's owner's imagination. What is Banana Hobby? They are middle-men and sell products cheap because they are manufactured in China. They advertise making you think that you're getting a decent product, when in reality, you're not getting your product or your are getting a defective product and sometimes you might be 'lucky enough' to receive the product you ordered in good conditions'.

Anyway............During the time that I was waiting for my product to arrive and still no response or updates from BananaHobby, I decided to visit a hobby store, I went to Hobby Town USA and I asked one of the sellers about their RC Nitro Trucks....He helped me choose the truck I was looking for......at banana hobby, I was going to get New 2009 1:10 Tyrannosaur V2 Radio Remote Control Nitro Gas Off-Road Truck because, it was my first time ever ordering an RC nitro truck...But, when I went to the store yesterday around 1m, I left the store at 1:30pm with a brand new "SAVAGE X 4.6" with a 2.9 HP".

Because of the GOOD customer service, and the attention I received from the seller, instead of just buying 1 thing, I decided to buy the truck and all the accessories that I needed. total cost? Almost $600......at bananahobby for the 1:10 scale truck it was about $180....It's a "Cheap" price but, an expensive experience.........Now, I don't care how much I have spent for my new truck, the good thing is that.....after tuning it, I was able to enjoy the rest of the afternoon having the rc truck of my dreams.