Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

First I.C car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First I.C car?

Hi i am new to I.C RC racing and am seriously considering buying a budget 1/10 I.C car to get me started and joing a club to learn the ropes. i was just wondering wheter i should buy a TS-4N 4WD Car with Pro 12 Engine from the sussex-model-centre http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/ or maybe a koyosho GP ready set oh but now ive just seen a TS4N Super Combo RTR 1:10th with 0.15 engine and £20 cheaper with all the major parts from Alshobbies, oh i need help!!. as u guys are the experts do any of you have any good ideas?
Old 05-09-2003, 07:38 PM

Default Re: First I.C car?

Originally posted by asinghbamo
Hi i am new to I.C RC racing and am seriously considering buying a budget 1/10 I.C car to get me started and joing a club to learn the ropes. i was just wondering wheter i should buy a TS-4N 4WD Car with Pro 12 Engine from the sussex-model-centre http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/ or maybe a koyosho GP ready set oh but now ive just seen a TS4N Super Combo RTR 1:10th with 0.15 engine and £20 cheaper with all the major parts from Alshobbies, oh i need help!!. as u guys are the experts do any of you have any good ideas?
I had a Schumacher Axis 2 (electric) for 2 years, then I got into planes. Cos of messing about with 2 strokes on my planes, I decided to get a Nitro car as well, and went for the Kyosho GP Astra. This is a great car!!! Comes with everything you need (bar fuel), is prebuilt, and really easy to start and tune in. The book price is 229ukp, I got mine for 179ukp off Ebay, from Phil Greeno models, he still sells them on there.

Just found this on Ebay, for a CEN RTR, which are even better cars again (280ukp in the shops)
CEN car
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	77153_10013.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	45698  
Old 05-09-2003, 09:18 PM

Default First I.C car?

thanks for that infomation, i have look at the Kyosho GP and considered it for my money. I was wondering do you go a race track? Thanks for the info of the seller on ebay, they seem to very good.
Old 05-10-2003, 08:25 AM

Default First I.C car?

No I don't race at a track, although the club I fly in, some of us take cars, and race on the car park there. I used to race my Schumacher electric car, but am more into planes now.
Old 05-12-2003, 10:25 AM

Default First I.C car?

oh yeah... people that live in the UK, at last..

I've bought stuff from the sussex-model-centre http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/ but i also reckonmend

www.modelsportuk.com and

http://www.modelworlduk.com/default.htm
not the best site but phone the sevenoaks branch they are very helpful.. i got my Gs storm from these guys..

I also have got a Cen buggy great fun... reckonmend them as there fairly cheap for a nitro's car..