Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Frequency Control

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frequency Control

Of course everyone worries about the frequency that they are one so that they all can race at the same time, but is that as far as it goes with r/c cars? I have been flying r/c planes for 3 years and just bought my first nitro r/c car. It seems like these are so common it would be hard to enforce frequency control because lots of people just drive them around their house. At my r/c plane club we have strict frequency rules. Our field is near a BMX track where some people drive cars. Some people are stupid enough to put aircraft radios in their cars and end of shooting a $2000 model out of the sky, and the pilot has no idea where it came from. If people would stick to ground radios in their cars there would be no problem. Do r/c car clubs or tracks make use of frequency boards or anything similar?
Old 05-10-2003, 01:51 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes

Yes, most clubs that are ROAR sanctioned will have a frequency program in place.
My opinion though is that it really depends on education, not the board. The problem is getting people to use the board correctly and to take your pin back when you not using it.

The only real way to insure that there are no conflicts is to have a radio impound. I know, I know I hate em too but its the only fool proof way that I have seen work.

It happens even with planes, I know a guy that brought out a new plane one weekend. He had bought a new radio to go with it on channel 35. His older plane was on channel 34. You guessed it he grabbed 34 off the board and was running the 35 transmitter. While he was putting the final touches on the plane for the maiden flight, he was testing the servos, meanwhile a LT40 went down in the woods to the left of the field. Nobody made the connection.
Maiden flight took off and he was getting some glitches everytime he made a pass on the left side of the field. He came around again and just as he said he was gonna bring it in, he lost it. The plane had turned slight right and began a dive, He ran down the hill towards the plane with the trans as high in the air as he could hold it, he got close enough to get it back and was able to put it down in the grass.
Come to find out a little later that the guy with the LT40 had been down in the woods looking for his plane on that side of the field. He was turning his radio off and on moving the sticks trying to get the servos to make noise.

Once everyone figured out what happend the guy that made the error bought the other pilot a new LT40.
Nice stand up guy that just made an error, It happens.

But like I say it just depends on us all to police each other and so forth, even so we will still have error from time to time. Part of it I guess.

Im not so sure how I feel about PCM in a plane, its a no brainer though for a car. I wouldnt put my car on the track without it.
I have seen em pop up at the track and plop the car down and take off, no clip on the radio.
"What channel you on buddy?" Reply...channel?

Dbow