Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Please forgive me!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please forgive me!

A friend of mine was going to HobbyTown today and he asked if I needed anything. In need of fuel, I asked him to pick me up the usual, a gallon of Magnum 20/20 car fuel. He calls me from HT and says the only Magnum 20/20 they have is airplane fuel, so I told him to get it. I don't believe it, I've resorted to using airplane fuel. I'll be the first to admit I'm frugal to say the least, but airplane fuel? I guess when he said it has 20% oil and 20% nitro, I figured it has what I need, so I tild him to get it. I guess my refusal to pay over $20 a gallon for fuel is stronger than my need to stick to only car fuel. Can you guys ever forgive me?
Old 05-10-2003, 11:02 PM

NEVER!!!! burn him at the stake!!! Death to the heretic!!!...

well... ok maybe not.

I still havent been able to find a good answer as to the diffrence between "airplane fuel" and "car fuel" is.
Old 05-10-2003, 11:27 PM

"Please forgive me!" Forgive you for WHAT? You should have been using airplane fuel a long time ago!! You finally got smart!!! Stop with the "Please forgive me!" It sounds sappy and like you're about to cry!! Suck it up!! BTW, are you an adult over 30? (lol)
Old 05-10-2003, 11:30 PM

Good luck finding that info. The car fuel vs plane fuel debate has gone on for months without any clear answers. I think enough people have posted in this forum showing the use of plane fuel in cars is more than safe. The guy who picked up the fuel for me is pissed because just a week ago, somebody at HobbyTown told him he MUST use car fuel and he paid over $30 for a gallon. The stuff he picked up for me today was just $16 a gallon. For that much of a price difference, I'll use plane fuel.
Old 05-10-2003, 11:39 PM

Originally posted by Krusty
"Please forgive me!" Forgive you for WHAT? You should have been using airplane fuel a long time ago!! You finally got smart!!! Stop with the "Please forgive me!" It sounds sappy and like you're about to cry!! Suck it up!! BTW, are you an adult over 30? (lol)
Like I said before, I would use car fuel as long as I could get it at a decent price. I don't mind paying less than $20 a gallon for car fuel, but when the price starts getting higher than that, then plane fuel is an acceptable alternative. Should I care that saying "please forgive me" sounds sappy to you? I think not. It's a theme you goober. I was one of the people who was always asking what the difference between the two types of fuels was.
Old 05-11-2003, 01:32 AM
My Feedback: (2)

hey for all you airplane fuel users, since brands vary from store to store, what should i look for in my airplane fuel that im gonna run in my nitro cars?
with out naming brands what should the nitro/oil/castor %'s be?
Old 05-11-2003, 01:38 AM

I guess you could ask yourself the same question I ended up asking myself. Is an airplane fuel with 20% oil and 20% nitro really any different than a car fuel with 20% oil and 20% nitro. I don't think there's enough difference to keep me from using either.
Old 05-11-2003, 01:44 AM

If the car fuel and the airplane fuel both contain 20% nitro and 20% oil, there is no difference, except for the price. The car fuel will cost almost double the amount of the airplane fuel!! It's a no-brainer!!!!!
Old 05-11-2003, 02:05 AM
My Feedback: (2)

i see there is no difference, but what should i look for ?