Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Comparison Traxxas vs. GS Storm

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 05:37 PM
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comparison Traxxas vs. GS Storm

Without being biass can anyone give me some feedback on these 3 makes.

GS Storm or T-MAXX or Sportmaxx

Which one is best performance and durability?

Thanks in advance
Old 05-14-2003, 05:57 PM
My Feedback: (2)

thats like comparing apples and oranges.

I think you have to figure out where you going to be driving and what you expect out of your r/c ride to help us in giving you advice on which we would choose in your situation.
Old 05-14-2003, 06:06 PM

Well, I only own the Sportmaxx, out of the ones you listed. I do have some air leak issues. But other than that, this is a really great model. It is fast. It is pretty stable for its size. I run on grass most of the time so I can't hit turns at full throttle, but it does good. I was surprised how well it will climb for 2wd. If you are not trying to climb something like a pill of gravel, have not tried yet, it does well. It will flip before it loses traction. And yes when you have it in tune it will wheelie on command. Whats really nice if you watch what your doing with the throttle you can control the wheelie and make a good ride out of it. I like the single speed tranny. Has a lot of punch out the hole. It is slower than a T-Maxx since it has the two speed. But you can get it and install it later, as well as 4x4 and reverse. But several people are getting the T Maxx and getting the Forward only conversion because of idling issues and takeoff trouble. Also the Sportmaxx is identical to the T Maxx except for 4x4, 2 speed tranny, and reverse. It is a very good truck. The 2.5 has tons of power, but a lot of people have had a lot of trouble with them. They are replacing them with different motors. The Siro 18 seems to be the engine of choice right now, unless you are planning a .21 conversion on it. Plus there are also tons and tons of hop ups for the Maxx's out now.