Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Someone please help me with my Nitro TC-3 >

Someone please help me with my Nitro TC-3

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Someone please help me with my Nitro TC-3

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 12:55 AM
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone please help me with my Nitro TC-3

I am new to rc cars and I bought a used TC-3 online from someone. It is a team kit and engine was broken in and suspension was set up. I ran it today and it ran and handled great! After running it for some time at the race track it was cornering great. Then just before quitting for the day, the throttle linkage stuck and held the carb open and it hit the concrete curb real hard. It bent the drive shaft but I can't find any other damage. I drove it and it now is so loose it is hardly driveable. It will sit and spin kitties if you want it to. The four wheel drive still works but it can't hardly go through a tight corner without spinning around. Also, when you "punch" it in a straigth line it now pulls to the right. I was planning on going to race it this Sunday for my first actual race I have ever been in but I wouldn't have a chance with it handling this way. Does anyone have an idea as to what it might be that is causing the car to handle so bad now? I would appreciate any help you can give me. thanks.
Old 05-16-2003, 12:19 PM

When you hit a wall, this will create havok on your whole set-up.

More or less, if your drive shaft is bent, make sure your chassis isn't bent also. Check your front diff to make sure it's not destroyed. Also, Check your pillow balls and all of your settings to make sure that nothing is out of wack.

I mean, face it, you hit a Wall at WOT. So what 40mph? Imagine what happens when you hit a wall at 40mph in your normal car, yet at 1/10 scale.

The possibilites are endless. You really need to go over the car with a fine tooth comb, becuase I'd be surprised if you haven't rattled every screw loose on it..
Old 05-16-2003, 12:34 PM

I plowed my NTC3 into a curb with WOT - Bent drive shaft, chasis, broke a-arms and a bunch of other peices. Cost like $130 to fix. Now runs great. Good as new.
Old 05-16-2003, 01:33 PM
My Feedback: (18)

Thanks guys, I will take it all apart and check it out. It hit real hard so I am sure it has some damage even though I can't see much of it. I know it drives completely different now after the TC-3 vs curb....curb won....