Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
 New and need some help. Input greatly appreciated >

New and need some help. Input greatly appreciated

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New and need some help. Input greatly appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 07:37 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New and need some help. Input greatly appreciated

Amen to that, Tank. Once you start, you just can't get enough...

Glad to hear you're still in the hobby and everything's going good for you LilBit. Still wish I was in SC to run with ya'll. When you gonna get a nitro?
Old 07-18-2009, 12:22 AM

Probably going to get one next year at some point. I'm still looking through a lot of different things and want something that I could assemble maybe respect a little more. I'd like to get a Truggy to race and have been looking at Mugen and Team associated so far. It looks like it will be a big investment. This week I should get to watch my neighbor crash his new Heli
Old 07-20-2009, 07:25 AM

I agree, it will be a big investment. From what I hear Mugen is one of the best.

LOL, hopefully he don't crash it too hard. Anything that's in the air has the potential to be completely destroyed in a crash. That's why I stick with ground vehicles. I'd rather not spend $400 on a heli or plane, just to crash it and render it useless. I'd rather have something I can run into a pole at 40mph, buy a couple of $3 parts and get back to driving.[8D]
Old 09-15-2009, 02:20 PM

It's been such a great summer. My slash is now almost completely RPM products and Pro-Line tires & Desert Rat body, a 21T Trinity Street motor...will be getting the front light bar for it that go in the bumper later this week and i snapped a few pictures of it the other day, hope to get them online soon Its been so long since I logged in. Got my first brushless system in yesterday for the Micro T and had to order a wheelie bar for it because it just flips over now[sm=lol.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif] I brought my Slash up to NY and some guy stopped to look at it. I think the rustler and the slash are going to get Castle 4600 Sidewinder systems soon. Everything else is upgraded and I got the cops out here to speed test my Slash and it went 32mph on the stock motor with a 9.6V NiMH That was awesome...Rustler almost fell into a sewage drain. Hope your summer was good too. i gotta go to work tonight :P
Old 09-15-2009, 08:23 PM

Awesome, definitely need some pics.

A buddy of mine had an Ofna CD3 that flew into a storm drain, landed upside down and kept running. We were able to get the lid off and rescue the car, thankfully. Watching your $500 car go into an unknown world can make your stomach turn inside out. Watch out for those holes!
Old 09-22-2009, 11:48 PM

Here is a pic of my slash Picture of Micro T is on my profile but not very good. They are re-shaping the track here so in a few weeks it will be like new.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57446.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	1280449  
Old 09-25-2009, 02:53 PM

Now we just need some pics of you running them. It's always fun to see some rooster tails in the pics.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:39 PM

I finally got a video of my new 4x4 Slash. Not sure how to upload to You TUbe yet. My camera saves stuff on a weird file name so i may have to hire a computer genius friend to upload.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait till ya get a FLUX or Revo on 11.1v ! Or a truggy on 11.1v !
Gunna blow ya mind !
Oh and a revo will fly so so so much further in the air than a bandit ! LOL !

We were all jumping yesterday, l stripped another tyre ! So much power !
The truggies got the highest jump yesterday, was only 2 revo's there, one of the truggies was running dual 11.1v lipo, it went so high of the jump, broke on landing but !
Another guy totally smashed his T-MAx rear end off, bad landing.
2 dead hyper 7's !
My associated lost its battery clamp.
Mini revo copped all sand in the gearbox and went all crunchy !
A savage burnt a clutch out and revved it butt off.
And we had a runaway the shot across a buisy road, only to miss all the cars and smash into a gutter on the other side !
And my Baja engine finally died !
Was a day of carnage !
Old 01-10-2010, 06:23 PM

that sounds like a lot of fun. We were thinking about getting 2 micro heli's and having gladiator battles with them in the living room [sm=punching.gif] I think I will start racing this year. We are looking at getting a Team Associated 4wd buggy at some point. Even if I don't win the races it will be fun. It's been a great eight months so far and RC is the one place were I have fun and no worries. My first video ever is uploading on You Tube. It is nothing special but I thought I'd give it a try and hopefully soon get the camera to go on board the trucks. My video is called Slash 4x4 PE in Parking Lot not finished processing yet but should be up soon. My laptop is slow.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:27 PM

it is up now...looks like it might have to be watched in hi def.