Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

where's the love?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 08:21 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where's the love?

Does anyone else ever check out the Most Active Threads? Man do people ever get nasty toward each other in some of the other forums. It's nice to be in the Himoto Family where people are generally friendly.

Can I get an Amen?!!
Old 06-26-2009, 08:33 PM

Default RE: where's the love?

I'll second that!
Old 06-26-2009, 10:07 PM

Amen
Old 06-26-2009, 10:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amen brother Bryan
Old 06-26-2009, 11:15 PM

Speaking as one who has been on the Receiving end of Nasty......Amen!
Old 06-26-2009, 11:41 PM

can I get a AMEN
Old 06-27-2009, 12:35 AM

I agree, I have seen a alot of flame wars between members on other forums. It's always about who's right and who's wrong and they always end up off topic.
I like how it is always positive and calm here.... untill some get on here and tell us how to race toon our engines. LOL!
Old 06-27-2009, 01:16 AM

Well.....

It wasn't Always this Calm......

I remember the First Days of this Himoto forum. There was a lot of Hostility from Outsiders and some of our Competition (if you Know who I mean)...
We drove Ken Nuts!...Lol......and we Kicked ***** and took Names![sm=48_48.gif],,,,Until we got some Respect.....

And we've Earned that Respect too, By Helping folks, no matter where they Come from or What RC they drive....
Not many Other Forums can say THAT!

I'd like to say, "Hats Off!" to all you guys who make this Forum the Quality Space that it is!
Nice Job,,,,and Keep up the Good Work!
Old 06-27-2009, 01:48 AM

Cept for when redcat gets bashed. Not trying to stur things up, but ive seen some not so nice things. Things that wouldnt be said if there wasnt a preference. But to his his own. Opinions are what they are.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:06 AM

chevyderek72

Cept for when redcat gets bashed. Not trying to stur things up, but ive seen some not so nice things. Things that wouldnt be said if there wasnt a preference. But to his his own. Opinions are what they are.

kinda ironic that you would post this in this thread, you proved his point.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:12 AM

ORIGINAL: HimotoRacingUSA

kinda ironic that you would post this in this thread, you proved his point.
100% true on that eddie.......
Old 06-30-2009, 01:28 PM

No actually ive posted here a few times, one in the fuel tank slosh post. I was just lettin yall know that your doin it to. And as you see i said i didnt wanna cause a fuss over it, and people have their opinions, but you cant act like its everyone else. But its funny how i come in and instantly get hated on. So really its not so friendly. Never did i say anything mean or provoking. I was just lettin ya know.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:08 PM

ORIGINAL: chevyderek72

No actually ive posted here a few times, one in the fuel tank slosh post. I was just lettin yall know that your doin it to. And as you see i said i didnt wanna cause a fuss over it, and people have their opinions, but you cant act like its everyone else. But its funny how i come in and instantly get hated on. So really its not so friendly. Never did i say anything mean or provoking. I was just lettin ya know.

Are you just going to keep proving his point? [:'(]

I need to ask you something, What did you think would happen posting something like that in the himoto forum????? If you thought we were going to throw roses at you, your sadly mistaken but where is there any hating going on? All i see was me stating you proved his point which you did.
Please dont come here unless you have something constructive to say, very plain and simple, nobody mentioned redcat, your the only one who did, lol......... maybe you need to reread the above posts until yours.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:00 AM

If I remember reading Eddie's post earlier, he stated that there was alot of bashing going on between Himoto and their competition years ago. I haven't seen any(that I'm aware of) bashing from Himoto since I joined RCU. If there was, I must have missed it. The one I did witness was when Andy started comparing Himoto's quality to Exceed's. That would have hacked me off too.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:33 AM

You act like i came in here blaring and fists in the air. I just stated a comment, saying that people on the himoto forum arent the nicest like they think. I dont have to point out what you guys said, you should know, but like i said before, if you didnt care if it was himoto, redcat, or exceed, some things WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SAID. Im here being civilized, please explain one thing that came off like i was trying to start something. You know what, dont, i now have a different perception of himoto. And its not for the better. But thats fine, i thought everyone was generally great people, but i see thats not the case. Have a wonderful day guys.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:55 AM

You act like i came in here blaring and fists in the air. I just stated a comment, saying that people on the himoto forum arent the nicest like they think. I dont have to point out what you guys said, you should know, but like i said before, if you didnt care if it was himoto, redcat, or exceed, some things WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SAID. Im here being civilized, please explain one thing that came off like i was trying to start something. You know what, dont, i now have a different perception of himoto. And its not for the better. But thats fine, i thought everyone was generally great people, but i see thats not the case. Have a wonderful day guys.

LOL, Your just going to keep posting and proving the origianal post correct huh???

We are always helping people with other brand rc's, i dont personally care what brand since i love the hobby, things may have been mentioned when another brand keep copying our products.

You too, have a wonderful day
Old 07-03-2009, 01:28 AM

Funny chevyderek72 last time I tried to help in another forum I got *****. So now I stay here and don't help less asked for. Himoto peep are cool I've met alot of them(in person) I dunno where you are getting your info from but it is beyond incorrect. Peace
Old 07-04-2009, 02:09 AM

Oh dont get me wrong, i have no problem with a lot of people, firebird comes to the redcat forum a lot and helps out, jp, pede, i dont mind it, really. But ive seen some threads on here that have had some things said that really wouldnt have been said it the people who said it werent only himoto. Or if they loved every brand. I know i dont like it when people come into the redcat forum and say oh hey go over and buy himoto. Its a redcat forum and there shouldnt be people saying hey go over and buy this himoto. People dont come in and do it over here. Eddie is all over me saying im being "nasty" and "not friendly". Ya sure i bet you dont like what im saying but ive seen it, i never came in wanting to start anything or wailing my fists, i just pointed it out. Ya sure pretty much everyone here are great people, but i dont see why your so friendly and how you never get at all nasty, or close to it when ive seen it. I come in with an opinion and i get bashed on, so really, its not me proving the point, its the other way around. Does nobody else see this? Please, i really wanna know what i said that was "nasty" or "unfriendly" in my first post. But really, dont get me wrong, come on over and pitch in, i would just appreciate it if people didnt try to turn people to himoto, or point them in the way, because its a redcat forum.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:09 AM

Oh dont get me wrong, i have no problem with a lot of people, firebird comes to the redcat forum a lot and helps out, jp, pede, i dont mind it, really. But ive seen some threads on here that have had some things said that really wouldnt have been said it the people who said it werent only himoto. Or if they loved every brand. I know i dont like it when people come into the redcat forum and say oh hey go over and buy himoto. Its a redcat forum and there shouldnt be people saying hey go over and buy this himoto. People dont come in and do it over here. Eddie is all over me saying im being ''nasty'' and ''not friendly''. Ya sure i bet you dont like what im saying but ive seen it, i never came in wanting to start anything or wailing my fists, i just pointed it out. Ya sure pretty much everyone here are great people, but i dont see why your so friendly and how you never get at all nasty, or close to it when ive seen it. I come in with an opinion and i get bashed on, so really, its not me proving the point, its the other way around. Does nobody else see this? Please, i really wanna know what i said that was ''nasty'' or ''unfriendly'' in my first post. But really, dont get me wrong, come on over and pitch in, i would just appreciate it if people didnt try to turn people to himoto, or point them in the way, because its a redcat forum.
OK, now I know what your talking about. I may have been guilty of that a few times, but as my defense, I would have only said something like that if the person was disgusted with Redcat and were tired of Redcat's repeated problems. I know I have done something like that on the Exceed forum. But like I said, I was only suggesting a different brand since they were not getting the help they deserve or better products. Another scenario which I may have been involved would suggesting people buy spare parts from Himoto simply because Himoto has them much cheaper. Example: I purchased a rotostart backplate for my SH07 engine from redcat. I paid $25 for it. If I would have known Himoto existed at the time, I would have found out that I could order the same backplate from Himoto for only $11. I always learn from my mistakes.
And my only experience with Redcat was with their 1/16 tremors. The replacement clutchbells for the tremors are crap. They are cheap, poor designed aluminum bells. The clutchbell that comes with the car are better than the replacement. Another problem I have is their support. They very rarely respond to any of my posts as to where I can post on Himoto's and get a response not only from Eddie, but a bunch more helpful people on the same day. Can't get any better than that.
But I still like Redcat, as I have more Redcats than Himoto's. But that's just my opinion.
But I also learned, that their prices for ball bearings are cheaper for one car than they are for another car, but they are the same bearings..... I found that quite odd......
Old 07-04-2009, 10:03 AM

Oh dont get me wrong, i have no problem with a lot of people, firebird comes to the redcat forum a lot and helps out, jp, pede, i dont mind it, really. But ive seen some threads on here that have had some things said that really wouldnt have been said it the people who said it werent only himoto. Or if they loved every brand. I know i dont like it when people come into the redcat forum and say oh hey go over and buy himoto. Its a redcat forum and there shouldnt be people saying hey go over and buy this himoto. People dont come in and do it over here. Eddie is all over me saying im being ''nasty'' and ''not friendly''. Ya sure i bet you dont like what im saying but ive seen it, i never came in wanting to start anything or wailing my fists, i just pointed it out. Ya sure pretty much everyone here are great people, but i dont see why your so friendly and how you never get at all nasty, or close to it when ive seen it. I come in with an opinion and i get bashed on, so really, its not me proving the point, its the other way around. Does nobody else see this? Please, i really wanna know what i said that was ''nasty'' or ''unfriendly'' in my first post. But really, dont get me wrong, come on over and pitch in, i would just appreciate it if people didnt try to turn people to himoto, or point them in the way, because its a redcat forum.

bro, if i were bashing you, you would know it, all i said was that you are proving the point of this thread, and you are. I dont take crap from anyone, never have and never would, I am a straight shooter but i have to say now your becoming a thorn in the side of our support forum. If all your going to do is come in here and keep stirring up trouble, leave and dont come back, its that simple. If you have nothing productive to put into our support forum, dont put nothing at all. Find where i say your nasty or not friendly in any of my posts on this thread, you wont find it since i never said it. I think you may have a complex and you need to seek professional help with your problems.

As far as loving other brands, bro, you have no idea, i have more rc's and brands than your local hobby shop, you truely have no idea what your talking about, i have been in the hobby for over 25years ang get more questions in a day about all brands of rc's including your beloved redcat brand than you have answered in the past year. I never badmouth the brand they are asking questions for, including redcat, i just answer thier questions to get them up and going.

You keep showing your ignorace and i am getting tired of it.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:44 AM
My Feedback: (1)

You know, I was not trying to start a pi**ing match. And I realize that this forum is not a constant daily community singing of kumbaya. But even in this thread, where one person seems intent on stirring the pot, it is nothing like I have seen in other places. I have seen threads where people were directly called stupid, liars, dumb***** newbs and worse. I have seen 40% of a thread get deleted in one fell swoop by the Mods because of the insults, degrading comments and outright bashing. That is absolutely amazing to me. And that is what I was talking about. And that does not happen in this forum (or in the Redcat forum for that matter).

Now as for Redcat and Himoto, the truth is that there is not a ton of difference between our vehicles. In some cases, they are essentially identical. The real differences come down to support, parts availability, prices and the people that we get to know. We all have a degree of loyalty to our brand. And despite the occasional person stirring the mud in the other forum, we often try to help each other out. Which is as it should be.

So let's just relax and let this thread end.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:49 AM

I just noticed that chevy seemed a bit condescending in his initial post...either intentional or not, I dont know, but there was just a small bit of arrogance in the wording...that may have been what set people off. at the end of the day, we're all here for the hobby, so get out there and run!
Old 07-04-2009, 08:50 PM

Ok you said that im proving the first post, and in the first post he said "Man do people ever get nasty toward each other in some of the other forums. It's nice to be in the Himoto Family where people are generally friendly." So that means im being nasty and unfriendly. But yet again you didnt show how i was doing that in the first post. All i was doing was pointing out, and since im a redcat guy nobody will see it my way, but i bet if i posted this in the redcat forum they would see it my way. But thats just the way the rock rolls. Ill get outa here, no point in trying to prove something you dont wanna listen to. Peace guys, have a good one (not being sarcastic).

Oh and the first post wasnt meant to be condescending at all.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:07 PM

BYE
Old 07-05-2009, 04:00 PM

ORIGINAL: HimotoRacingUSA

BYE
+1 [8D]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.